wtb full one piece radiator cover for 05-09 gt.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Good luck. Only one I ever found was from Bangastang and that asshole is a thief that will take your money and never deliver the product. I did see a $450 carbon fiber one once.

I also tried the plastic wing pieces to fill in the ends of the stock cover and those looked like shit. The plastic is a different texture and finish than stock and they only have one mounting bolt. Mine vibrated and cracked in 6 months.

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
Good luck. Only one I ever found was from Bangastang and that asshole is a thief that will take your money and never deliver the product. I did see a $450 carbon fiber one once.

I also tried the plastic wing pieces to fill in the ends of the stock cover and those looked like shit. The plastic is a different texture and finish than stock and they only have one mounting bolt. Mine vibrated and cracked in 6 months.

Thanks for the info Brian on the bangastang one, don't like dealing with a company that won't deliver. and say the side covers are made out of crap too. not paying $450.00 for radiator cover! that's crazy...

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
Trufiber makes an all carbon fiber one piece cover (similar price to Bangastang), but I tried one and the fitment was terrible.

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
Trufiber makes an all carbon fiber one piece cover (similar price to Bangastang), but I tried one and the fitment was terrible.

thanks for info, guess i might have to see about doing my own fabricating of one.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I ended up with a brushed stainless steel cover I picked up from somebody here on the forum. Wasn't full width but it looked pretty damn good and tied in well with the Bullitt theme/look.

Can't find a picture but it's visible in this video from an old dyno run back when I had the M90.

00blkvert

forum member
Reaction score
Why don't you pick up a gt500 1 piece cover from AM. The 4 big holes for the rubber adjustment things look the same. The little difference over all can be trimmed and sanded. Once it fits to your liking you plastidip or hydrodip it to cover up the spots you sanded. For the little plug holes that don't get filled you can cut a plug and glue it so it appears filled. If all that makes sense.

This is my plan. If its to different don't modify it and sell it and make some of your money back.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I think BruceH tried that already. He ended up selling his rather than modify it. You can ask him what the differences were.

muztangman93

forum member
Reaction score
Ive had the cpc side ones for a couple years with no issues really. I hydrodipped them a year ago and they look just as good. Texture out of the box is different then the oem radiator cover but if your painting or dipping You will smooth it out and they will tie in nicely

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back