WTB or Trade 3.31 8.8 gears

sh4rkbayte

forum member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'm looking to buy or trade rear end gears. I have 3.73s and want to go down to 3.31s. I'd be willing to trade my 3.73s w/21k miles or purchase some used 3.31s. Thanks!

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
Just buy new gears. They are cheap enough and you don't have to worry about getting the wear pattern matched up on used gears. If they aren't set up as they were when they were removed, they can make quite a bit of noise. Gears are cheap enough that you shouldn't cut corners on them.

sh4rkbayte

forum member
Reaction score
Just buy new gears. They are cheap enough and you don't have to worry about getting the wear pattern matched up on used gears. If they aren't set up as they were when they were removed, they can make quite a bit of noise. Gears are cheap enough that you shouldn't cut corners on them.
Noted. Thanks. Just on a "wife budget" atm, so I'm trying to save where I can lol

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Agree with the above advice. Check with Steve at Tasca, he should be able to get you a gear set for $100-130. I know he was selling FRPP 3.73 gears for around $120 or so.

sh4rkbayte

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the responses. After talking up a game plan with my local speed shop, I'm going to hold off on lowering my gear ratio until I add some things to my NX setup. I appreciate the advice and offers. Admin, you can delete this thread.

Back