WTF Happened with My Hoosier's

TurboPete

forum member
Reaction score
I needed to buy new front runners on the 07 and have seen alot of guys using the Hossier's 26 X 7.5 X 17 Pro Street Tires . They are more expensive then my M&H's but to be honest the last two sets of M&H's I had were always out of round by a tad . Car would run fairly smooth but It would have a slight shake around 50 to 60 mph .
Everyone told me to get the Hossier's much better tire.
So this morning I go to mount them they were a biatch to get on there and when inflating they would pop seat on the front side and the back side would be only halfway to the lip . We used the obvious tire slime or whatever you call it, so it would slip but was stuck . We filled to 40 psi's as per the instructions and could here it trying to stretch . We left it in the sun like 15 minutes when we heard a loud pop . The tire jumped over the lip and split .
WTF is that . Is there something Im missing here , does anyone have any trick ideas for mounting tires that would help?

Here are some pics these tires are brand new and I paid like 189.00 each plus shipping . Im f&*^in pissed.

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

Pete

Last edited:

Mike K

WANNA BE FAST
Reaction score
That sounds like you got a messed up set. I would call Hoosier and let them know what happend. With them being as big as they are I would expect them to make it right for you.

TurboPete

forum member
Reaction score
Ok so I was able to mount the 2nd tire , we left it out in the sun for awhile , put the KY on and she went on . 40 psi's of pressure went home and mounted the passenger side front wheel . Sent the other tire back to Hoosier for them to look at it. In the meantime I had to buy another tire which they are sending out .
So I got home mounted the rim went in the house to eat dinner I come outside and the tire is FLAT!
What a POS! Whats going on ! I should have stayed with my 17" M&H's now Im out 400.00

Pete

TurboPete

forum member
Reaction score
Check if you can just return them for a refund.

I dont have patience for things like this , Went ahead and had my buddy get the M&H's ordered for me will have them by Thursday, He will return the Hossier's and We hope they warranty them .

Pete

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
Odd....Mine has had no issues. Almost makes you think about potential failure at 140 mph going through the traps let alone what you have experienced.

Just curious if you noticed whether or not the M&H's are much lighter than the Hoosiers when dismounted?

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I would guess the rims and tires were not the same size, for whatever reason. Does the size marked on the tire match the size listed on the sticker?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back