WTF is this. Can't set alarm

TxGt1

forum member
Reaction score
My battery died a few weeks ago so I bought a new one. Soon as I hooked up the negative cable my car went ape shit lights flashing and the horn just kept beeping.
I was able to reconnect the battery but now when I lock the car up the lights and horn will chirp periodically like I'm using the key fob continuously to lock unlock the car and the light on this dash is flashing. I also replaced the negative cable today because it was frayed but still the same issue? Any ideas?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Ck65beoY2dw?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Someone embed the video me not no how lol

Last edited:

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score

Have you checked for any signs of water on the passenger side floor and by the smart junction box behind the passenger foot panel? Generally when things go crazy in the '05-'10 cars there is a good chance the smart junction box has gotten wet.

Now the flashing on the dash is usually a sign of some sort of "alarm" event so you may want to check all the sensors that tell the car if the trunk, hood and doors are closed. Make sure the plugs are well seated in their connectors. They are the rubber boot covered plungers (under the hood it's next to the fuse box) and in the trunk I believe it's just above the license plate area where the trunk closes. As for the doors I don't know where those sensors are.

TxGt1

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info dysan. I will have to find out where the door sensors are at I have not checked those. There is no water that I can see but I will further inspect it tomorrow when I get off work.

Exley

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info dysan. I will have to find out where the door sensors are at I have not checked those. There is no water that I can see but I will further inspect it tomorrow when I get off work.

I think the door sensors are part of the actual latch. FWIW my car does the blinking key/lock light whenever the key is not in the ignition. Just a theft deterrent.

Do you have the factory alarm or an aftermarket?

TxGt1

forum member
Reaction score
yeah its factory. I have tried locking with just the key, lock door button, and key fob anytime Its locked it will just beep and flash the lights every 30 seconds or so and sometimes the alarm activates and I have to unlock it to shut it off. Fu@#ing weird.

Scrat

forum member
Reaction score
with the red light flashing on the dash with the engine off thats a normal function. All that is, its the car telling you the passive security system is on. If someone were to try to start the car with out the proper key it will disable the fuel system and prevent the car from starting up.

TxGt1

forum member
Reaction score
with the red light flashing on the dash with the engine off thats a normal function. All that is, its the car telling you the passive security system is on. If someone were to try to start the car with out the proper key it will disable the fuel system and prevent the car from starting up.

I guess I never noticed the flashing light before. Here is another vid of what happens when I lock the car up. I did check the SJB no water everything looked good.

Last edited:

Scrat

forum member
Reaction score
now that i dont have a clue on that one lol, only thing i can suggest is to disconnect the battery and unplug the connectors on the sjb and look to see if there is any kind of corrosion or dirt on them. As stupid as it sounds does it do that only whenever your near the car or anytime? Could the key fob be acting up?

Last edited:

TxGt1

forum member
Reaction score
now that i dont have a clue on that one lol, only thing i can suggest is to disconnect the battery and unplug the connectors on the sjb and look to see if there is any kind of corrosion or dirt on them. As stupid as it sounds does it do that only whenever your near the car or anytime? Could the key fob be acting up?

Exactly what I did today! Removed the battery, unplugged the connectors on the sjb blew everything out checked wires under the dash. Well...so far so good no weird flashing or beeping! I will monitor it tomorrow when I lock it up all day to see what happens.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back