Yes, another emissions problem thread

302me

Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago I had Evolution put in a set of the Pypes LT headers on my 06'. I had an O/R Prochamber on before the install, it bolted up to the LT's so they left it on instead of using the O/R H that came with the LT's. I was told that the tune was going to be good to pass emissions, but low and behold I'm getting the notorious, "NOT READY". The print out says the the O2 sensors, O2 sensor HRTs and Catalyst are not ready. I've read up-teen threads all saying its in the tune, but no one has any recommendations on a successful tuner.

Can someone please recommend a mail order tune such as BBR, Brenspeed, Bama etc. that has a good emissions tune that will get me through before I weld in a set of cats. Oh, and going back to Evolution is not an option either.

If anyone can help it would greatly appreciated, I'm leaving for vacation in about 2 weeks and can't drive across 4 states w/ an expired emissions.

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You can do what I did. I had flanges put on my cats and exhaust pipes as well as a straight piece of pipe. now I just remove the straight pieces and bolt the cats on. No tune an emission problems anymore. cost me about $250 for flanges and labor

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well considering their track record they will probably photoshop a picture of your tune passing inspection and sell it to hundreds of customers then disappear when people find out they are getting fucked.

And just so THEY know... I don't give a shit if I hurt their feelings or not. Just like I don't give a shit whether they are vendors here or not. I would rather not have their money than have some place on here that fucks people. And if ANYONE doesn't like that then all it takes is a click of a box in a certain screen to remove my status.

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
damn.. so the rumors are true ... =-/

I've been screwed by so many tuners its not funny anymore. It had turned a nice mans hobby into a nightmare

darkstar november

magical turning mustang
Reaction score
Well considering their track record they will probably photoshop a picture of your tune passing inspection and sell it to hundreds of customers then disappear when people find out they are getting fucked.

And just so THEY know... I don't give a shit if I hurt their feelings or not. Just like I don't give a shit whether they are vendors here or not. I would rather not have their money than have some place on here that fucks people. And if ANYONE doesn't like that then all it takes is a click of a box in a certain screen to remove my status.
i feel as tho i missed something here

07 Boss

Reaction score
Did you pass smog with the O/R prochamber on your car? Because the car would not know the difference between the prochamber and the H-pipe. Neither one of them have rear O2's turned on. As long as your rear sensors are turned off you will not pass. And if you turn them on you will probably get a catalyst effeciency CEL.

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
no cats no sticker has been my experience, thats why I Flanged my cats and had a staight thru piece of pipe flanged so I could swap them out for inspections..........problem solved

302me

Reaction score
A few threads had the same information, saying the "readiness monitors are turned off." I also read a few posts saying they have passed w/ an O/R midpipe, explaining its all in the tune. I'm going to try BBR tomorrow and see what they recommend. I might try flanging my cats and getting a straight pipe like Terry5357, (good alternative, thanks).

07 Boss

Reaction score
A few threads had the same information, saying the "readiness monitors are turned off." I also read a few posts saying they have passed w/ an O/R midpipe, explaining its all in the tune. I'm going to try BBR tomorrow and see what they recommend. I might try flanging my cats and getting a straight pipe like Terry5357, (good alternative, thanks).

It can be done in the tune, I don't know how, but I had a guy write/modify a tune that I had, and passed the OBDII smog inspection without any cats or rear O2's on the car. I know I said that it can't be done, but I said that because I'm the only one who I know of that has actually done it. I have recently switched to an SCT tuner but keep my Diablo around for that once a year tune. The guy that did my tune is no longer in town and he would not divulge how he did it. It is my thinking that he either tricks the inspection computer or more likely, somehow gets the readiness test to either read OK or removes the rear O2's from said test. I think this year I'm going to buy a catted midpipe and just swap them out for testing, and get rid of the other handheld.

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Well you are more than welcome Little Buddy..........lol

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back