Yes, its another cj spring thread

motorheadchuck

forum member
Reaction score
Ive looked and looked through threads on the cj......and it seems there is no one definite answer. What has been seen on running the cj springs in the front? Im def going to run them in the rear......just not sure of front yet.

AlbertD

forum member
Reaction score
Ive looked and looked through threads on the cj......and it seems there is no one definite answer. What has been seen on running the cj springs in the front? Im def going to run them in the rear......just not sure of front yet.

I would like to know as well!

frarmar

Killer boots man!
Reaction score
The only thing I can say for sure is that the front springs on my GT are the EXACT same part number as the pair of cj fronts I have sitting in front of me.....

Last edited:

adamford150

forum member
Reaction score
I cant tell you if the wieght transfer is due to the front or rear springs because I put both of them on at the same time. Literaly put the car on the ground and drove it to the track. I saw slighly lower 60ft times my best befor was a 1.75 my best that day was a 1.71. But after driving on them for about a week I can tell a major difference once the springs broke in. I pulled out on a road near my house, floored it and the car coming at me was flashing its lights because it thought i had my bright lights on. I didnt just the fact the front of the car lifted so much higher than normal.

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
I cant tell you if the wieght transfer is due to the front or rear springs because I put both of them on at the same time. Literaly put the car on the ground and drove it to the track. I saw slighly lower 60ft times my best befor was a 1.75 my best that day was a 1.71. But after driving on them for about a week I can tell a major difference once the springs broke in. I pulled out on a road near my house, floored it and the car coming at me was flashing its lights because it thought i had my bright lights on. I didnt just the fact the front of the car lifted so much higher than normal.

What shocks and stuts are you running?

adamford150

forum member
Reaction score
If you were at the point you were considering cj springs I would also remove the front swaybar. but thats my :2cents:.

frarmar

Killer boots man!
Reaction score
The only thing I can say for sure is that the front springs on my GT are the EXACT same part number as the pair of cj fronts I have sitting in front of me.....

HOLD UP.... Part numbers are slightly different...

I just rechecked and my stock ones are 6r33-5310-FA E29EA.

CJ's are 6r33-5310-fa E29EJ

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
I would imagine some type of adjustable shock/strut would help control the CJs better on the street. I plan to start with stock front struts/springs and rear CJs with some Koni Sports and see how it handles on both the street and track.

adamford150

forum member
Reaction score
Adjs Is better, There is a noticable difference in the feel of the car for everyday driving. I drive my car to work everyday, Its not to radical that im scared to go to work everymorning.

motorheadchuck

forum member
Reaction score
I would imagine some type of adjustable shock/strut would help control the CJs better on the street. I plan to start with stock front struts/springs and rear CJs with some Koni Sports and see how it handles on both the street and track.

They would def. help. I plan on putting on a set of QA1 adjustables at or around the same time, along with LCAs, UCA, and relocation brackets. Im so ready to get rid of all the nasty squat the rear of this thing has. Watched a frame by frame of the car launching the other night, and I couldnt believe how far the rear fender came down

dragpac

forum member
Reaction score
I have CJ's in the rear and the stock springs and shocks still in the front.

xtweakerx

Get SOME!
Reaction score
i have the CJ's on my car now around all 4.. can't wait to get to the track.

I have no front sway bar and stock shocks and struts. They feel good on the street I hammered on it last night.:thumb2:

qwikhuh

Official Vendor
Reaction score
I have the CJs on my car and IMHO they are a bit too soft for the stock shocks and struts. I would not suggest running them unless you are going to ad least add an adjustable rear shock. MY car would squat VERY hard with the CJs

dragpac

forum member
Reaction score
Thats pretty much what I was looking for....your def getting out of the hole hard. Is that the setup that u are running in ur sig pic??
yes it is the setup in the picture,but as quik says I think you need the adjustable shock in the back.mine are QA-1's

xtweakerx

Get SOME!
Reaction score
im running em down the track in two weeks w/ stock shocks and struts ill let u know how the CJ's work out for me.. on the street they drive like stock to me but i have no sway bar so its not like i take corners. they have been installed for two weeks now and i drive the car daily and ive hammered on it a couple times feels pretty good.

Last edited:

roostracing

Reaction score
can someone tell me what cj stands for? Does it stand for Cobra Jet? New to the s197 suspension game...definately sounds like they work very well for the strip...where can u get these rear springs at?

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back