You are the new President of FoMoCo. what changes to you make?

HEMI LOL

The Feast and The Famine
Reaction score
stole this idea from a thread on SVTP. kinda fun to see what you guys come up with.

heres what id do. for the most part, Mr. Mullay has this company running amazingly well. id bring more SVT product to the market myself, but largely leave a lot of the current plan alone.

o me SVT=AMG or ///M. its a top division that makes monsters. not a ecobox tuner.

SVT Fusion, 3.5EB tweak the stock tune 385hp/385tq. mated to AWD, and with european suspension tuning it could be a real ATS killer and look fantastic.

as much as id like to say SVTL there isnt a market for it. so id take the new EB Explorer sport and change its name to the, guess what. SVT Sport. it gets a coyote 5.0, tweaked a bit to make 435hp and stays AWD. being that its lighter and better looking than the SRTGC i think it would hammer it and out sell it.

SVT SVO Mustang. 3.5 Ecoboost. rated at 415hp(the plan for the SHO, but it had to be de tuned for insurance companies). with that much power, and probably 200-300lbs lighter than the GT it would be a perfect track car. of course a SVO, would mean a bumper in power for the GT, would would now get the BOSS' roadrunner since it doesnt need it anymore.

that it. there doesnt need to be a SVT variant of the entire line.

monk36

forum member
Reaction score
Wouldn't make sense, but an SVT Focus hatch. Same styling as the ST, in a 2 door coupe version, with a 3.5EB engine mated to an AWD 6 Spd manual trans. Meant to be a track ready car a la boss, with suspension and brake upgrades.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
First and foremost restructure Lincoln. Make it it's own brand that can compete with other Luxury automakers. Right now I don't see Lincoln being able to beat Cadillac let alone BMW or Lexus or MB and that is something that IMO FoMoCo needs to do to make bigger gains in their market share.

I would also continue research on making more fuel efficient engines and ways to make the cars more fuel economical and strive to be on the fore front of electric automobiles. I have a feeling that these will start to become the cars of the future and if Ford leads the way in innovation and hits a homerun with an electric car then it can become the icon of electric cars the way Prius has been the icon with hybrid vehicles.

IDK if adding vehicles to SVT lineup is a good thing, they seem to be niche cars and idk if the research and development dollars would equal a large enough profit for Ford to give the green light on it. I would love to see an SVT Focus though.

gil_t2

Love Nitro in the Morning
Reaction score
Fusion 2 dr, and lower the prices on FRPP's , so that they sell more

HEMI LOL

The Feast and The Famine
Reaction score
i think that using the 3.5EB as a performance platform is viable. it allows V8 power, but wont let the EPA kill you. it also allows you to keep your entire line ups MPG above the government standard.

RazorbackMustang

MT82 Lover
Reaction score
Wouldn't make sense, but an SVT Focus hatch. Same styling as the ST, in a 2 door coupe version, with a 3.5EB engine mated to an AWD 6 Spd manual trans. Meant to be a track ready car a la boss, with suspension and brake upgrades.

No need for a heavy V6. They could use the Focus RS powertrain. 2.3L, 350 HP.

bigstick

forum member
Reaction score
I'd kill Lincoln entirely. It's got the reputation as the last car old people buy just before they move to Florida and drive golf carts full time. Don't get me wrong, Ford/Lincoln engineers are capable of building world class cars. But the name plate just has too much *thud* to it.

05yellowgt

Reaction score
I'd start by changing the AWD away from the current Haldex variant to something more performance oriented. The current design can only send up to 150ft lbs to the rear wheels and once the system detects too much spin from the front tires it shuts down power output and regents back to FWD till the system recovers. This system is used on the Fusion and the Taurus/Flex/Explorer platforms. You can't make a true performance platform with the current design. If I could do anything i wanted, I would probably switch the above platforms to be RWD based, but that would be a massive engineering undertaking and wouldn't be prudent from a cost perspective. The rest of the gas engine lineup would be converted to direct injection and an Ecoboost 5.0 would be green lit for the next gen GT500 and I'd see if a truck variant would work in the Super duty. The Fiesta and Focus ST would both get AWD options as well as options for dual clutch manumatics. Come to think of it the Mustang should have that as an option as well. Lastly I'd bring some diesel options stateside. I think that's it for now.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Standard 100,000 mile warranty on every car.
Kill the lincoln brand.

cwhit23

forum member
Reaction score
Standard 100,000 mile warranty on every car.
Kill the lincoln brand.

This^

Bring back the lx 5.0

This all the way! I don't know if I wouldn't do a fox throwback at some point in the future. not the near future but as the cars go back to a smaller platform.

they did. its the 300a option package.

Yeah, but it's still not the same, still badged as a GT and the can't tell it apart like you could the true LX 5.0's vs the GT 5.0's

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
Why kill the lincoln brand? Chevy has the cadillac, no, and they are making some serious cars in that brand now. How about a new lincoln line that is luxury with some serious muscle, instead of just heavy, underpowered, luxury vechicles?

05yellowgt

Reaction score
I see no reason to kill the Lincoln Brand. Regardless of how luxurious a Ford can be made, there are many who simply won't even consider it because it isn't a luxury brand logo. Lincoln could make a serious push to be seen as a modern luxury brand, but not with the current stable. The MKS shares its platform with the Taurus/Flex/Explorer and the chassis is good, but the AWD system just isn't performance oriented and you need that in todays luxury realm.

08redgt

forum member
Reaction score
I'd put a Blown 3V in every model and watch the older stock 5.0's beat them.

lol really though, I'd push for a couple more eletric models to compete with the Volt (heard a rumor of an eletric Fusion but that was a couple years ago and I haven't followed it).

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
I'd put a Blown 3V in every model and watch the older stock 5.0's beat them.

lol really though, I'd push for a couple more eletric models to compete with the Volt (heard a rumor of an eletric Fusion but that was a couple years ago and I haven't followed it).

There already is an electric focus, fusion and C-Max. The only real other Viable candidate in my opinion would be the fiesta until Ford can get batteries that can go long ranges then I would put one in the Escape.

08redgt

forum member
Reaction score
There already is an electric focus, fusion and C-Max. The only real other Viable candidate in my opinion would be the fiesta until Ford can get batteries that can go long ranges then I would put one in the Escape.

That can compete with the Volt? I stand corrected if so, don't really follow the green movement much though haha.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Cadillac was virtually dead not that many years ago. They changed the brand image from geezer luxury to cool/hip/young sport luxury. Ford MUST do the same if they want to keep Lincoln viable.

I'd start by creating a factory supercharged 5.0 DOHC/6A sport coupe based on the Mustang chassis with totally different sheet metal and interior. It'd drive down some production costs for the Mustang and give Lincoln a shot in the arm. And it'd give them a couple years to revamp the rest of the line as cool/hip/young sport luxury. Mark 9 has a nice ring and some brand recognition right out of the gate.

Last edited:

05yellowgt

Reaction score
Cadillac was virtually dead not that many years ago. They changed the brand image from geezer luxury to cool/hip/young sport luxury. Ford MUST do the same if they want to keep Lincoln viable.

I'd start by creating a factory supercharged 5.0 DOHC/6A sport coupe based on the Mustang chassis with totally different sheet metal and interior. It'd drive down some production costs for the Mustang and give Lincoln a shot in the arm. And it'd give them a couple years to revamp the rest of the line as cool/hip/young sport luxury. Mark 9 has a nice ring and some brand recognition right out of the gate.
The writing on the wall all points to turbos over superchargers. The 5.0 TT Cobrajet wasn't done just because they wanted to. I can't help but believe that it was done as a first step to see how an Ecoboost 5.0 will do. Sure it doesn't have DI yet, and it doesn't have the integral exhaust manifold in the head of some of the EB motors today but they will get there.

You can hit similar power numbers under both a supercharged and turbo solution, but the mileage is going to be better with the turbo setup almost every time because you don't have the parasitic loss of driving the supercharger, even with bypass valves.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back