You knew it was coming...Porsche Build Thread

Zexford

forum member
Reaction score
ludicrous_speed.jpg

Zexford

forum member
Reaction score
Okay, got alot of interior stuff done today. I mounted the passenger seats and the passenger seat belts. I took measurements to make a harness bar, going to use some heavy duty steel piping. After getting everything mounted up and pretty I unbolted it all and striped the entire interior out. I sliced up my finger pretty good on one piece getting a bolt out. I painted up the last few parts I misses, I checked fit for the rear quarter pieces, gonna have to trim some out to get it to fit again. I made templates for the spare tire and rear fender gaps in the back, need to cover those with something prior to carpeting. I bought some 3m adhesive spray, ordered 5 yards of 80" ozite carpet today it arrives the 13th. I removed the center console brace, I have decided to delete the center console. The car is fully prepped for carpeting, talked to a bunch of people and even got a pdf file showing what to do. I will post pictures once I start on the install.

I cleaned up the stock wheels, I think they look pretty good now, I'm not sure if I am going to paint them black anymore. Also, the emblem is not mounted, it was just mocked up for the picture.
DSC03709.jpg

Last edited:

Zexford

forum member
Reaction score
I painted on some rock guards in front of the rear tires with duplicolor bed liner. It came out good but after doing it, I decided I didn't like it, so I removed them again and repainted the areas. Pretty good waste of an evening.

Zexford

forum member
Reaction score
So i ordered the windshield banner from a store....turns out it is based in Hong Kong....its coming by Air Freight and should be here anywhere from 7 days to 4 weeks....um....might have just lost $20

frank s

at Play
Reaction score
On the few occasions I ordered something from a Hong Kong supplier I was pleasantly surprised by the favorable shipping time. I think they overstate the length of wait time to expect so you can't accuse them of being tardy.

Zexford

forum member
Reaction score
On the few occasions I ordered something from a Hong Kong supplier I was pleasantly surprised by the favorable shipping time. I think they overstate the length of wait time to expect so you can't accuse them of being tardy.

Hopefully it is packaged better than the Porsche flag I ordered, it came from Colombia and I shit you not it showed up looking like this:
cocaine05.jpg

I was half temped to call the DEA

Towelly

forum member
Reaction score
I love the look! I also agree that black wheels would look good. However, if you dig it stick with it. Going to look at a White 951 this weekend myself! Blower kit is for sale and I think I have my ranger sold. Getting really close to purchasing. Starting to get excited! I know a 951 isn't ideal for auto-cross, but I think this one is going to be in really good shape. The motor and trans were recently rebuilt and the guy is a member of the local PCA so I hope it's in good condition. Keep up the good work Zexford! Hope your banner turns out to be the real deal! LoL.. My sister ordered some "knock off" designer jeans from Japan and they came without button's or holes for the buttons a few weeks ago.

Zexford

forum member
Reaction score
Here are some updated pictures of the whole car, I did all the carpeting and finally mounted my passenger seat/belts. Been putting that off for way too long. I am really happy with how the car has come out, and I am quite proud of myself for doing all of this by myself.
DSC03749.jpg

DSC03746.jpg

DSC03744.jpg

DSC03743.jpg

Seats and Belts installed (also due to some of the backlash i got last time from the interior being dirty, I made sure to Armor-All the interior.

DSC03756.jpg

DSC03757.jpg

DSC03758.jpg

DSC03759.jpg

Here is my cool new mirror, i love it
DSC03760.jpg

I hate how in these pictures it shows parts of the interior as still being red, in person everything is uniform black. Also, I drove the car to class last night, windshield started fogging up so I decided, hey I didn't disconnect the air yet so I turned on the defroster, WRONG FREAKING IDEA! I got a face full of metal shards from me cutting up the floorboards along with tons of dirt and dust from sitting, Jesus Christmas that was horrible but hey at least I cleaned it all out.

I am also trying to figure out a way to get the shifter boot mounted, i think I might just double sided tape and keep it like that.

Next big step is the fun part, A ROLL CAGE!!!!! I think until I get some more money though, I will be settling for a harness bar. Going to build one out of tube steel. I am also loving the 944 love I am getting from this board, I can't wait to see more people get into these cars, they are generally cheap to get and such a blast for the track. I love my mustang but if I ever wrecked that car on the track i would never forgive myself, if I wreck this 944, I pull the parts out and get another one.

Last edited:

Zexford

forum member
Reaction score
Well, I have been thinking, and as car guys we all know about how dangerous to your credit score that can be. A popular option with these cars in to delete the front bumper pads. I did a MS Paint shop, what do you guys think?
frontbumperdelete.jpg

Compared to how it is now:
DSC03710.jpg

This paint job is also temporary and I have been thinking of doing the permanent paint job in Crystal White with a very light grey center stripe. I'm not sure, I want to do something. I like both the white and the orange. The original primer color was white and I really liked how that looked with the black accents.

Last edited:

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Definitely delete those pads. Looks much cleaner.

Sent from my DROID2 Global using tapa-whatzit-thing

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back