You knew it was coming...Porsche Build Thread

Infamousjim

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah Porsche attaches fenders as if theyre supposed to survive RPG attacks. I invented new curse words pulling a set from a 90's 911.
You could always try some contraption from harbor freight of you ever drive up to Bricktown. 50% of the time, their tools work every time.
Either way, I like it... Adds. Character, you just need to come up with a cool story how it happened

Sleeper_08

forum member
Reaction score
DO IT!!!! They are so much fun.

About the dent, ok, you have asked me before about it. I said before, it is permanent. Do you know what is required to pull the fender off of the 944? Ok, here it goes, there are approximately 35 screws and bolts hidden behind the firewall, in the wheel well, behind the door jam, and then after you get all those lovely little bolts off, you get to deal with the sealing adhesive that glues the fender to the car. You need more than a putty knife to get it off. Then after doing all of this you have to clean off all adhesive, and properly line the fender back up, seal it, and bolt it back into place....

So once again.........it is PERMANENT! haha

I don't have a dent puller otherwise I would try that but I just don't have the means. Someone told me about a thing you drill a hole and do it that way but I can't find any info on how that works and I believe you still need a dent puller. I've also looked into those suction cup things that I see at Advanced Auto but I hear they are junk and a waste of money, plus with galvanized steel I doubt I have the strength to pull that out myself.

You could fill it up with body filler :)

Mr. WHO

forum member
Reaction score
Well...................................................sorry?

I figured with the new paint job, you would do it or body filler?

If not your going to have to come up with, as stated, a good story as your going to get asked all the time how it got there and why when you painted it you didnt do something, lol.

Thats the last you will get from me on this though. Was just throwing a jab in there.

Cant wait to see it though!

Zexford

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah Porsche attaches fenders as if theyre supposed to survive RPG attacks. I invented new curse words pulling a set from a 90's 911.
You could always try some contraption from harbor freight of you ever drive up to Bricktown. 50% of the time, their tools work every time.
Either way, I like it... Adds. Character, you just need to come up with a cool story how it happened

Yea, theres a harbor freight about 15 minutes from me, I swear my race team should be sponsored by them haha.

You could fill it up with body filler :)

My dad said I could do that, I contemplated it for a minute and then decided no.

Well...................................................sorry?

I figured with the new paint job, you would do it or body filler?

If not your going to have to come up with, as stated, a good story as your going to get asked all the time how it got there and why when you painted it you didnt do something, lol.

Thats the last you will get from me on this though. Was just throwing a jab in there.

Cant wait to see it though!

I am just joking about you mentioning the dent in the fender, it actually doesn't bother me. I didn't mean for you to take my last post seriously, I am a sarcastic person but its hard to get across on the internet. I think I will say that the dent occurred during an intense battle for first place in a race. Mr. Who I think just for you, tomorrow I will go to HF and see how much a dent puller from them will cost and I will one final time look into getting the dent popped out. I will message you about results of my inquiry. :D

The biggest problem I face is the strange location with the body lines, the shape of the dent, its a scraping dent, also ask anyone about old German cars, they used nuclear forged steel on them. The metal is very thick and it will be hard to pop the dent out without removing the fender.

Last edited:

Mr. WHO

forum member
Reaction score
Dont go buy things on the account of me. Save the money and use where its most needed.

I must know though, while in the fight for first.....what car? Veyron?

Zexford

forum member
Reaction score
Dont go buy things on the account of me. Save the money and use where its most needed.

I must know though, while in the fight for first.....what car? Veyron?

Haha, nah I think if I pull the front drivers side wheel, remove the wheel well liner, I may be able to get a bit behind the dent to whack it with a BMFH. I want to do it but every time I a free minute to work on the car, it fucking snows or rains, like right now for example. For the fight for first I was going to say maybe a Viper ACR.

Zexford

forum member
Reaction score
So, I sanded down the drivers side door, didn't get all the paint off but I thought it was adequate for priming, so I taped it all off, grabbed my can of primer and sprayed it, however it certain sections the primer/paint began bubbling. I rubbed the section after it dried and it removed all the paint. What the fuck?!?! I have never seen this before. I sanded it, cleaned the surface, prepped it and then shot the primer. I used self-etching primer and I guess it mixed with spray paint equals air craft paint remover. Now I gotta sand down the entire door again.

EDIT: OK, I fixed everything, next time around I will use filler primer that does not have etching acid in it. Drivers side door is prepped, going to keep working from there. On a negative note, my drivers side mirror finally gave out, there is a threaded piece in the neck of the mirror that unthreaded itself over the years so now my mirror is hanging by the wires. I think I may just fix the mirror permanently so it no longer swings because I see no way to fix this without removing the interior door panel, and the mirror which would be such a pain in the ass.

Last edited:

Zexford

forum member
Reaction score
Bn a while since i updated. Most of the car is sanded and primed. I still need to do the passengers side and roof, i tried my best to fix the fender but that SOB wont even budge. I am waiting foe my new helmet to come in with the gloves I ordered. Ill take some pics tonight when i get home. I like the OD green look with black wheels lol looks like a tank.

Zexford

forum member
Reaction score
I just got back from a dive, i'll go snap pics now.....

Pics:
DSC_0118-1.jpg

DSC_0119-1.jpg

DSC_0117-1.jpg

DSC_0120-1.jpg

Last edited:

Zexford

forum member
Reaction score
How come you're changing the paint?

The current paint is rustoleum which was planned to be temporary, I wanted paint on the car to prevent rust and it was the cheapest and fastest, but now I am taking it to be professionally painted.

frank s

at Play
Reaction score
What's the name of that orange color; is it actually fluorescent or just seems so in the photos?

Zexford

forum member
Reaction score
Wow, long time since I updated, actually had to search for the thread.

Anyway, the car is mostly a new color. Drum roll...............White. Its good old primer. Once the weather gets better the car will see an actual paint booth for that lovely gulf blue.

Zexford

forum member
Reaction score
About freaking time mang!!!

Sounds good send the tease pics.

Ask, and you shall receive. Also, I know you will be happy. I was talking to my dad either today and he mentioned, the dent and why don't I fix it. I said I don't have a dent puller, to which he replies I do, you forget when I was your age I worked in a body shop. I could knock that dent out for you no problem. We are going to drill a little hole, put a screw in there and pull it out.

So the dent will be repaired! I took the wheel off, the fender liner out, and dried to knock the dent out with a hammer from behind and it didn't budge, so hopefully the dent puller will work.

Here are the pictures, they are terrible, but its raining, and its dark.
DSC_0124.jpg

Decided to play with the exposure settings on my D50:
DSC_0126.jpg

Before you say, Hey you missed a spot around the fog lights, I know. I ran out of painters tape and couldn't get them. The foglights don't work, so I am either going to cut the lights out and put in brake ducting or get these Hella covers that automotion sells.
P802109.jpg

Mr. WHO

forum member
Reaction score
Coming along!

IMHO, I would just take out the lights and use the area to run cooling ducts. Unless you really really really want lights.

Zexford

forum member
Reaction score
Coming along!

IMHO, I would just take out the lights and use the area to run cooling ducts. Unless you really really really want lights.

I am probably going to do that simply because I cannot for the life of me get the lights to work, at great expense I have replaced everything with no success. Also, on the drivers side the screws are stripped and I had the worst time getting the lens off.

Back