Your thoughts on launching with a stall, two-step and turbo

Carbuff91

forum member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Just wanted to get some thoughts on how I should launch my turbo 3v. I have an MSD 2step and a 3,000rpm custom billet non-lockup stall. My 60fts were consistent 1.71's and I'm launching on M/T street ET 295/50/15's.
I typically do my burnout and pull up to the line and wait for the lights to start and then get on my 2 step (set at 3,000) and then launch. I think I need to be on it sooner so I can get some boost to build.
Should I see if I can hold the car on the line at a little higher RPM then my stall?
My best was 11.42 @ 121.85 in the 1/4.
Thoughts?

rcm90

forum member
Reaction score
Do you have any logs of it at the track? How many lbs are you leaving on if any, what are the turbo specs? What suspension setup do you have?

Last edited:

Marble

forum member
Reaction score
When I had my turbo, setting the 2 step at 3k didn't build boost fast enough to stage and launch like you are. I tended to set it closer to 4k and side step the clutch. So, sorry I can't help what to set it at, but only experimentation will do it. It's not an auto, but, the only way I figured how much boost I would make was by practicing hiting the two step and varying the RPMs it was set at. THe thing that may hold you back is your might come up against your stall, but still, you should be able to figure out how long time wise it would take you to get to the desired boost at launch.

Carbuff91

forum member
Reaction score
I have an upper adjustable BMR and BMR lowers on the rear. I have the Eibach draglaunch kit on the car as well. I don't think I'm comiing off the line with more then a couple pounds of boost. I don't have a datalogger and have to use me eyes to glance where I'm at. I have the hellion single turbo kit with the 62mm standard turbonetics turbo that it comes with.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back