zero out boost gauge?

Captainstr8edge

Hardcore Superhero
Reaction score
So I have an Autometer mechanical boost gauge, and when its supposed to be at 0, it reads about -1 vac. Is there any way for me to zero out the gauge so it reads more accurate? If I can't do it myself its not really worth it to send it back and I will just live with it.

trbobusa

forum member
Reaction score
i have seen this numerous times with autometer, mechanical ones cant be zero'ed out, ive had to send quite a few back from my turbo bikes, good thing is autometer will replace it....i have got some right out of the box that way..

bullittrevor

forum member
Reaction score
my electrical autometer boost gauge has been a pain in my ass. i've been reading about -8in of vacuum for the last 3 months lol. I've looked and looked for a kink in the nylon tube of anything like that and can't find one. Leads me to believe that the gauge is just defective which sucks because it cost me 225$

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
i have seen this numerous times with autometer, mechanical ones cant be zero'ed out, ive had to send quite a few back from my turbo bikes, good thing is autometer will replace it....i have got some right out of the box that way..

Yes they can, had to do this to the one that I had, very easy. There was a post on it a few weeks ago. I will see if I can find it.

Here it is...
http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66415&highlight=boost+gauge

my electrical autometer boost gauge has been a pain in my ass. i've been reading about -8in of vacuum for the last 3 months lol. I've looked and looked for a kink in the nylon tube of anything like that and can't find one. Leads me to believe that the gauge is just defective which sucks because it cost me 225$

Get rid of the nylon tube and run a actual rubber vac line. Might fix it, might not, but is worth a shot.

Last edited:

Captainstr8edge

Hardcore Superhero
Reaction score

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back