ZEX install Q's

Lazy Racer

forum member
Reaction score
Im about to fit a ZEX kit and have ordered the bottle heater. The kit is not hnere yet but the wire doesnt look too long. Has anyone fitted this and where did you wire the heater into?

Second, where did you run the purge nozzles too? Id like to run them out of the Mustang emblem on the front grill, is this possible with the parts supplied (tube lengths etc)

Finally, did you hard wire the armed power or use the cigar lighte plug in?

Many thanks!:beer:

onebadgsx

Reaction score
i hard wired everything and used a S.O.S switch panel. i believe the bottle heater also comes with a plug in, but like a said a hard wired everything using relays. i set up my purge to vent out by the mustang emblem, but it is not the zex kit, i used a cold fusion kit it came with flex tubing.

Lazy Racer

forum member
Reaction score
i hard wired everything and used a S.O.S switch panel. i believe the bottle heater also comes with a plug in, but like a said a hard wired everything using relays. i set up my purge to vent out by the mustang emblem, but it is not the zex kit, i used a cold fusion kit it came with flex tubing.

Thanks, I think my plans for the purhe kit will change as the zex kit comes with a steel tube. I havent put too much thought in but I hguess it wont fit.

In general, the kit looks excellent though. What numbers are you running at the track on a 100 shot? I was thinking of using 125...

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
gas anywhere you want it

Second, where did you run the purge nozzles too? Id like to run them out of the Mustang emblem on the front grill, is this possible with the parts supplied (tube lengths etc)

Many thanks!:beer:

i used a cold fusion kit it came with flex tubing.

You can purchase "flex" tubing kit and fittings at home depot or Lowe's in the plumbing dept. Or you can Purchase yourself tubing flairing kit and 10' of 1/8 or 1/4 copper tubing and you can run the purge line anywhere you have enough tubing to go to. I think I would use copper tubing simply because it is rigid but flexible and would be easier to route and keep in place with minimal bracketing

I am going to run mine to my dash board so Terry can have some gas too.....lol :roflmao:

HTH

SPAWN

Reaction score
I went and got a long piece of brake line and a bending tool from a friend of mine and made mine to form fit the firewall and up and out under the hood up the winshield. I also mounted a red LED at the end to iluminate the fog cloud when the purge is activated. I will post pics soon.

Last edited:

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I went and got a long piece of brake line and a bending tool from a friend of mine and made mine to form fit the firewall and up and out under the hood up the winshield. I also mounted a red LED at the end to iluminate the fog cloud when the purge is activated. I will post pics soon.

Welcome to the site.

JimC

Reaction score

I just ordered the SOS cupholder switch. Where did you tap for the power to your switches?

onebadgsx

Reaction score
i tapped to the power point in the center console for power to the switches but i am using relays for all the accessories.

JimC

Reaction score
Thanks - that makes sense and is what I'll do for mine.

Looking at it, I guess I had one of those "d'oh" moments by not thinking about the fact that power point is right there!

SPAWN

Reaction score
Ditto to the above I have the sos also and did the same ran from the center power point. The only real power hungry items I have are the heater and the bottle opener. the Zex system doesnt draw that many amps to be a issue to need seloniods. The power point will adaquatly supply all the power needed to run the Zex setup.

Last edited:
Back