Zymol Sale

Irishman

Ricer
Reaction score
Damn it! There all out of the ZYMOL SOLARIS, just when I'm about to buy some too:beerdrink:. Might jump on this deal, never used Zymol products so I'm not sure what to get? What wax would you recommend for a windveil blue car?

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Damn it! There all out of the ZYMOL SOLARIS, just when I'm about to buy some too:beerdrink:. Might jump on this deal, never used Zymol products so I'm not sure what to get? What wax would you recommend for a windveil blue car?

Carbon, Titanium, Glasur or Concours all will work fine on it.

cwhit23

forum member
Reaction score
Looks like I'm going to be trying the zymol before I planned. hard to pass up 25% off.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Concours for $14x I shoulda got that last week!!!

Concours has a "glow" to it's look.

It does tend to "sweat" after you apply it though so be sure to go back over the car an hour or so later with field glaze.

HitandRunDriver

Amateur Goon
Reaction score
Compared to Blacklight and Lava, what sort of finish will the cleanse and Carbon do together, still thinking if its worth it to me to add another purchase in before my drop...

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Compared to Blacklight and Lava, what sort of finish will the cleanse and Carbon do together, still thinking if its worth it to me to add another purchase in before my drop...

Lava will have better durability and be brighter.

Carbon will look a lot wetter. Concours will look even wetter but have a glow to it.

The zymol waxes basically make the paint look super wet.

My wife's car with concours
Redshow1.jpg

My car with Vintage
Shelbyshow2.jpg

Torched S197

forum member
Reaction score

Slicker and deeper, won't last long though. I'm stripping lava off my car Friday and putting on some Destiny for our car show. You'll get a better look with zymol but won't get the longevity

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Slicker and deeper, won't last long though. I'm stripping lava off my car Friday and putting on some Destiny for our car show. You'll get a better look with zymol but won't get the longevity

longevity compared to a synthetic wax like lava, no.

Longevity compared to other boutique waxes, yes. Zymol waxes contain higher than normal carnauba content, which results in more durability.

Torched S197

forum member
Reaction score
longevity compared to a synthetic wax like lava, no.

Longevity compared to other boutique waxes, yes. Zymol waxes contain higher than normal carnauba content, which results in more durability.

My answer was for lava vs carbon, like he was wondering about

psycho bob

FISTER
Reaction score
so w/ the carbon i'll need to wax about once a month. will i need to use the hd cleanse every month also?

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
Seems like everytime I visit this section, it costs me money. Just ordered Carbon, HD cleanse, and field glaze

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
So what should i buy for my black car? Im new to the detail game. I have always paid someone to do it.

If you daily drive black, go with a good sealant/wax combo, especially in that Texas heat.

If the car sits outside etc, a Carnauba wax can begin to melt when surface temps hit around 185F.

Personally if I were you, and you're just looking for good last step protection then you cannot beat the look of the following three products used in conjunction:

Chemical Guys Black Light (Glaze/Sealant)
Chemical Guys Lava Wax (Hybrid wax, good to 300F surface temps)
Chemical Guys V07 Spray Sealant (Detail Spray / Sealant)

You'll also need some good plush microfiber towels for buffing, as cheap ones found at pep boys or target will induce swirling into your paint.

A good detail spray to add to the mix is Finish Kare #425 Anti Static Spray (helps keep down the dusting)

If you're looking for a good show wax, then you can go venture into some of Zymol's offerings. Nothing imo beats how some of the higher end Zymols look, but in extreme summer heats like where you live in Texas, don't expect a lot of durability, they're beauty waxes. The more expensive estate glazes do have good durability though.

If you're looking to maintain your finish, you'll need at very least a Porter Cable 7424XP or a Flex 3401 Dual Action Polisher, appropriate foam pads and polishes.

Washing the car should be done with the 2 bucket method, which is 2 five gallon buckets with grit guards and either a foam wash pad or a natural sea sponge. One bucket is used for soap, the other is just water. After you apply soap to a panel you dip the foam pad etc into the water bucket to knock off loose dirt, then you dip it back into the soap.

The basic detailing process for a car that needs to start from square one is:

Wash
Clay Bar
Wash
Compound / Polish
Seal (optional)
Wax

Where once a year the car should be compounded/polished and every 6 months it should be clayed. Claying and Polishing will remove any layers of wax protection so the car will need to be resealed or waxed after. But standard maintenance would be just routine washing with detailing spraying, then rewaxing/sealing once every 4-6 weeks depending on weather conditions.

Last edited:

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
I have been lurking around reading on what I need to buy. A friend of my owns his own detail business, so I get my towls and what not from him when he places an order.
I daily drive the car for the most part. (3-5 days a week) car sits in the sun at work, but is garage kept when at home.

Is clay bar needed? It's a brand new car, that seems a bit much but what do I know. This is why I'm reading and asking. I hand wash the car once a week, and pay to have it detailed once every 3-4 months.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back