Zymol Sale

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
I have been lurking around reading on what I need to buy. A friend of my owns his own detail business, so I get my towls and what not from him when he places an order.
I daily drive the car for the most part. (3-5 days a week) car sits in the sun at work, but is garage kept when at home.

Is clay bar needed? It's a brand new car, that seems a bit much but what do I know. This is why I'm reading and asking. I hand wash the car once a week, and pay to have it detailed once every 3-4 months.

Yes, new cars are filthy with rail dust, clay bars removes this.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
I reaffirm my recommendation. Black car in Texas... Black light, lava, v07

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
As Seer said, DEFINITELY clay bar your new car finish before the rail dust adheres to the paint and becomes a permanent eyesore. Keep the clay SUPER lubricated esp. on Black and turn the bar in on itself frequently. Wash before and afterwards and blowdry. IMO.

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
I washed the car the day i bought it. I wash the car once a week, every Sunday. I have yet to clay bar it since i didn't think it was needed. Ill probably do that one day this week. It is ok to wash and clay bar at the same time? With it being a black car, i try to wait till 7.30-8.00 before i start washing it. I hate looking at water spots. The sun dries that car out so damn fast.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
I washed the car the day i bought it. I wash the car once a week, every Sunday. I have yet to clay bar it since i didn't think it was needed. Ill probably do that one day this week. It is ok to wash and clay bar at the same time? With it being a black car, i try to wait till 7.30-8.00 before i start washing it. I hate looking at water spots. The sun dries that car out so damn fast.

Ya, I never dry my car if I'm claying right after, I do wash it again after claying, then I dry it.

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
So it is just me or is everyone elses order status still showing "processing"?

Back