Air Intake's and Diablo Tune Results

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
I think the only way to quell the discussion would be to have an independent test of all 5 intakes on the same dyno, on the same day and with the hood closed. That will provide the most accurate representation and really show which intake is the best. :thumb2:

2FST-4U

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for signing your last email Omar and congrats on running "11.94 @115MPH and 11.86 @116MPH back to back in his 2011 Mustang GT 5.0L Automatic with the ONLY MODS being a Steeda Cold Air Intake, 4.10 Gears, Nitto NT05R Drag Radials and a Evolution Performance, Inc. Custom 93 Octane Tune!" (taken from Evo's Facebook page)
This all adds up now, when you say you spoke to "Many vendors" you mean Evo.
Evo has not been shipped a JLT CFCAI for the 11 as of yet, so I'd like to see these "test" they did.

Sounds like someone told you they are all the same and "oh look, we have a Steeda in stock".

I asked you to PM me with the "many shops" names so I could see the results for myself. You still refused saying "out of respect to the other shop you didn't want to say."
Out of respect? Really, you come in here and totally disrespect JPC, a well respected shop and NMRA winner for years and JLT Performance??
I'm confused on how respect works.

Fred, if your reading this shoot me an email with these results you have and please give me a call to discuss, you have my cell buddy.
:highfive:
tucker you got it all wrong i have several tunes from three different shops not just evo.
i did not tell you who told me the results on these intakes i told you i made calls to several respected vendors and performance (shops) and asked them about the test they had done on these intakes and they were all about equal. so dont call fred out on this!! its me so dont go start a pissing match.lets just wait and see what the future has to say about these intakes?

Last edited:

cantdrive55

forum member
Reaction score
What do you mean what the future says? There's already been a dyno provided by a vendor with no interest in pushing one intake over another.

In fact, if I were a vendor making stuff up, I'd be inclined to say the Steeda produces more power...they cost more than the JLT.

2FST-4U

forum member
Reaction score
What do you mean what the future says? There's already been a dyno provided by a vendor with no interest in pushing one intake over another.

In fact, if I were a vendor making stuff up, I'd be inclined to say the Steeda produces more power...they cost more than the JLT.

I think the only way to quell the discussion would be to have an independent test of all 5 intakes on the same dyno, on the same day and with the hood closed. That will provide the most accurate representation and really show which intake is the best.

Last edited:

tbi0904

forum member
Reaction score
So let me get this straight, JPC runs a test on CAI's and posts the results...of that particular test. Omar then chimes in that the #'s are suspect and without any proof to back his claim up, then states innocently that he's not trying to start a pissing match. Classy.

They both show pretty good gains across the entire rpm spectrum. I'm 90% sure that my '08 will be going bye-bye in about a year and a half so I'm pretty happy to see results like these...and what guys are running at the track with bolt-on 5.0's. Gives me something to look forward to.

Last edited:

Tucker

forum member
Reaction score
I saw bigfoot last night.

Bottom line is We all have good intakes and all have been proven to be good performers on the dyno and track. That's exactly what JPC has proved here. It doesn't matter who does a test like this someone is going to call foul. "the intake I bought didn't come out on top :("

I tried to explain how this looks from the other side Omar in my PM. It looks like internet he said she said. Like saying I saw bigfoot last night but don't have proof. If your going to jump in a thread and speak for other shops you will need proof other wise it's just talk.

What I don't understand is someone speaking for all these other shops about products that are not even fully hitting the streets yet.
We have been slowly releasing kits and on a huge back order ever since we showed the first pictures of the kit, C&L has been as well, so how are there so many shops that only you know about testing all 3 kits and NOT using the internet to promote there hard work????????

Testing 3 intakes properly can take several hours and for a shop, let alone "many" to do this and not post their hard work to gain market share in the tuner world is beyond me and why I call BS.

I'm not afraid of any test done by any shop as long as it's done fairly. I have been pushing the editors of 5.0 and MM&FF to do a shootout again like they used to. They don't want to do it becasue someone has to be the loser and you get stuff like this, but I'm still pushing for it.

As far as I'm concerned an unbiased shop already did a test and posted the results.

I don't care if it's 3,5 or 10 HP difference, every car and every dyno is going to react and show gains differently, so all these resluts are is information. Take it for what you will, believe it or don't.

When a well respected shop like JPC goes out of their way to do a test like this it shouldn't be ruined. Steeda and JLT both sell product through JPC, so they have no reason to push one over the other. If the results were exactly the same I'd think, "hmm, maybe ther're playing the safe card", but no. They posted the results they got.

Don't like it? Buy all 3, learn to tune and do your own test.

Tommy, I'm sorry that this has happened. Thank you and Justin for your hard work.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Good to see JLT got rid of that damn umbilical cord!!

CarbonRight

Going for broke
Reaction score
What it comes down to is if you're going to call someone, especially a respected shop, a liar then you should be ready to back that up. You just don't question a mans integrity without reason or proof.
And if you're worried about fronting out another shop, why? If they did their own test and they showed the same power then they shouldn't have a problem saying that. You're saying they told you, why not tell us?

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I think the only way to quell the discussion would be to have an independent test of all 5 intakes on the same dyno, on the same day and with the hood closed. That will provide the most accurate representation and really show which intake is the best.

I think, you need to get over it.

Now don't YOU THINK that getting rid of a 1/2 inch hole on the inner bend of your intake going to your interior for sound would make a flow difference? you bet your ass it will.

Think about it you are definitely smart enough to see that would make a change.

and here is a professional flow test illustration if you aren't :naughty1:
2qjvo1z.jpg

Glad we had this talk.

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
That chart tells no lies. This is the internet; all information you read is true!

Reaction score
I think, you need to get over it.

Now don't YOU THINK that getting rid of a 1/2 inch hole on the inner bend of your intake going to your interior for sound would make a flow difference? you bet your ass it will.

Think about it you are definitely smart enough to see that would make a change.

and here is a professional flow test illustration if you aren't :naughty1:
2qjvo1z.jpg

Glad we had this talk.

Interesting... but i would think if it was sucking air past the maf sensor it would throw some sort of code or error, no?

Tucker

forum member
Reaction score
We didn't lose the tube, just moved it out of sight so you can use it or cap it with our included cap.

O

Omcar

Anyone speaking negatively of JPC should do some research on who (justin) they are and what they have accomplished on the drag strip. They do not need to B.S. anyone.
Their cars speak for themselves.
Screw dyno numbers. Go to the track with your stock car, install the mod and see the real world difference. That's what I did and ran a 12.63@112 with a drop in K&N, no tune and no CAi.
All I'm saying is don't get caught up in dyno #s.

JV doose

forum member
Reaction score
nice! great gains. and the JLT does look alot better that the steeda

like someone mentioned i would love to see the JPC/Diablo vs the SCT tuner + the JLT intake. looks like i got to do some more research cause i know someone must have posted their numbers somewhere.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back