P0430

Deondray M Allen

Reaction score
Title says it all really, kinda. Stock Cat had a hole so I replaced the entire mid-pipe, got a engine light shop says it got clogged so I replaced it again. Then the same code comes up take it to a new shop and they said my o2 is old and a little loose. Bought a catless mid-pipe cause vroom vroom. Now I'm just wondering what brand of O2 sensors I should buy and how many?

AHaze

Reaction score
That code is for catalyst efficiency. With a catless mid-pipe, it's gonna keep coming back. In days gone by, you could have the rear O2 sensors disabled in the tune but good luck finding someone willing to do that anymore.

07 Boss

Reaction score
Just go get a couple of mini cat sims. I have used these for years and no CEL and no problems with smog certification with the OBD testing. Obviously they will not pass a visual. I have a couple 90* elbows in there because there wasn't enough room for the mini cat sims and the sensors. I would stick with the stock oem sensors. Not the replacements listed in the ford parts because they have changed to using the same sensor for both front and rear. Originally the front and rear sensors were different. I had issues with using the replacement part number so I went with the original NGK sensor and no issues.

GlassTop09

Reaction score
Just go get a couple of mini cat sims. I have used these for years and no CEL and no problems with smog certification with the OBD testing. Obviously they will not pass a visual. I have a couple 90* elbows in there because there wasn't enough room for the mini cat sims and the sensors. I would stick with the stock oem sensors. Not the replacements listed in the ford parts because they have changed to using the same sensor for both front and rear. Originally the front and rear sensors were different. I had issues with using the replacement part number so I went with the original NGK sensor and no issues.

+1^^^^^if you gonna go FFE, go w/ Big Daddie’s Garage 90* CEL Eliminators & Mini Cat CEL Eliminators & leave the rear O2 sensors enabled.

Deondray M Allen

Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice especially on the rears O2 bought some Bosch replacements O2s. Got a guy who can do the tune and I'll see how it goes before I get the eliminators, hopefully I won't need them.

GlassTop09

Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice especially on the rears O2 bought some Bosch replacements O2s. Got a guy who can do the tune and I'll see how it goes before I get the eliminators, hopefully I won't need them.
If you’re disabling the 2 rear O2 sensors thru the tune file then CEL eliminators aren’t needed.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back