Performance alternator

leviathon

forum member
Reaction score
So my diode in the alternator went bad and need another one. Should I just keep with stock or something else?

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
I had the problem and in my searching found that replacing the diode will just be a temp fix and that the problem is bound to happen again. I ended up going with the Performance Alternator. The first day I had it installed I did have some stall problems but that might have been due to charge issues with the battery as I'd been driving with the bad alternator for some time.

.............and greetings from a fellow Richmonder.

amustangrocks

forum member
Reaction score
i had this same decision to make a while back. i chose to have my oem motorcraft rebuilt by a local shop ($140) rather than buy a china alt for $300 even if it came with lifetime, and have not heard much good about the pa`s that people thought were gonna be a good choice a few yrs back.

ive got the cover over mine on the 05, but if i didnt the chrome one would be enticing, i think its a pa on am?

Memphis 05

forum member
Reaction score
I have th Orem, Oreillys and others go out on me...... I went with the pa performance alternator. No problems since.

I have heard that the charging wire needs to be changed out between the battery and alternator. Ford uses a smaller gauge wire stock. The pa alternator has an upgraded wire kit that address the issue

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
i had this same decision to make a while back. i chose to have my oem motorcraft rebuilt by a local shop ($140) rather than buy a china alt for $300 even if it came with lifetime, and have not heard much good about the pa`s that people thought were gonna be a good choice a few yrs back.

ive got the cover over mine on the 05, but if i didnt the chrome one would be enticing, i think its a pa on am?

I had that same fear initially (especially since it stalled after installing the new one). I did various searches looking for reviews of the PA Alternator and did find a couple of them but found more issues of people saying their rebuild failed on them as well.

leviathon

forum member
Reaction score
seems like I might as well nip it in the bud and go with the PA alternator thanks guys, and wow had no idea a richmonder besides the big shots excited lol

leviathon

forum member
Reaction score
ehh not to much of a chrome person. Wish there was a little more mods out there for v6s

leviathon

forum member
Reaction score
what about tuff stuff? i saw them while farting around on summit racing, anyone ever use their stuff?

zquez

Death Dealer
Reaction score
Department of Boost is working on an all new performance alternator made with some high quality stuff. It wont be ready till Spring though I think so that doesn't help you much today. But now you know when this one craps out theres another option.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back