Warning - Lightning Force Performance

DynoJoe

cleaning out your closet
Reaction score
pcdrj,

If He needs to pay you, then so be it, Your are a business man, handle it in a business fashion, not like some disgruntled Customer or Employee.

I hope it gets resolved for you in the end.

Last edited:

DynoJoe

cleaning out your closet
Reaction score
So at what point of not getting resolution and how long does it take before you would think that posting this wouldn't be in bad taste? I assume that means that you feel that the bad vendor experience thread is also in bad taste and no bad experiences or unresolved issues should ever be posted?
No offense, but can't help but think that you would have a slightly different outlook if you were purely a consumer and not a consumer / vendor.

Doc, For a consumer to do this would be one thing. If they had a bad experience, then by all means, if the problem was not resolved in a timely manner then take some different approach.

But when it is a Business doing this, it is a bit different. We are in business and should act like business's. To Treat such a delicate matter than involves, I'm sure Thousands of Dollars, should have been dealt with in a professional manner, rather than what has happened here.

I'm not on either parties side, I am looking at this from an outside view. If I have a company that owes me money, I go about collecting in a business manner.

Doc, do you Agree with this:

Product should not have been given without some sort of 50% down and the other 50% upon completion and delivery type of arrangement. If you made parts for someone, you'd expect some kind of payment up front for cost of materials and man time, if you foot the entire bill to produce a product, you expect to be paid for be delivery is taken and you have lost the possession of the product you have made.

thump_rrr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm in HVAC and in 20 years I have been doing this job I have never taken a deposit or down payment or 50% up front before starting a job.
Even for jobs as big as $80,000

On comercial jobs it is typically -2% in 10 days, net 30 days, +1.5% per month overdue.

We have never ever charged a customer the 1.5% per month.
It is there for legal purposes if a customer doesn't pay and it ends up in court at least we get a little something extra for the delay.

I have on many occasions completed residential jobs and been told to come back in a few days when the agreement was to be paid upon completion.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back