298....tr6060.....67mm@20 psi.....in progress!

aleborjas

forum member
Reaction score
you WILL BLOW the pistons for sure they are no good for power adder and less for turbo, a customer of mines blew 3 times the pistons so we went Diamond. Trust the guys that are telling you save your block and before you use them send them back and pay the xtra for Diamond...

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
cut the harness going to the windshield wiper motor and re-routed it directly the cowl so the harness is hidden.
59a3b8d7.jpg

d7a306ad.jpg

body work under the hood is done, needs a final sanding and then some paint!.....will be taking care of that on Saturday.
a59f2c88.jpg

ecd22f43.jpg

12ba1c44.jpg

c92e9e56.jpg

3c5b6361.jpg

0a588260.jpg

93fd00a9.jpg

0bf2e50b.jpg

cae4e90a.jpg

mount for the steering pump resevoir
924aab69.jpg

4a8eccf7.jpg

got my heads back, cleaned,checked with new lash adjusters,followers and 127300 cams installed. I have the VCT block off v-10 plates going on with lockouts!
9851ffe6.jpg

7e498c65.jpg

i am deleting the coolant tank and will be putting a radiator cap fill neck directly on my existing upper radiator hose, i switched out the lower coolant/oil adaptor to this frpp one that is threaded for lines going to the remote oil filter/oil cooler....this adaptor has a 2" coolant fitting vs the 1.5" stock one....so i removed the 1.5" fitting from the radiator and replaced with a 2", so all i will have down low is a straight 2" hose with zero adaptors.
7d7be013.jpg

63be8c28.jpg

spec aluminum billet flywheel
e3843649.jpg

i have everything to put the motor together at this point, just picked up a BMR k-member....so next i finish the motor, put it all together on the engine stand, with k-member, a/c and steering pumps attached....so i can start the new hotside for the turbo....forwards facing headers that will clear the a/c and power steering.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Nice progress man that's going to be a beast for sure!, nice attention to detail.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
b65cdf17.jpg

85df8c8c.jpg

lockouts installed,new cam phaser bolts...

b39c416a.jpg

picked up some powder coated goodies and BMR k-member....

eea49fed.jpg

7ea5fc81.jpg

70d014be.jpg

21754624.jpg

motor is all together, primed up and ready to go....still gotta finish the engine bay and reconstruct the turbo piping....

8c87cfc5.jpg

for the methanol kit....not sure if im going to use this yet,i have some gas tank sealer to protect it from the methanol...

removed the VCT solinoids, put in the v10 bypass plates.....cam covers will get powder coated red once i figure out where the bungs will go to releave crank case pressure!

Last edited:

GT500KR

forum member
Reaction score
man looks great... rewire and shaveing all the non essentials a plus... "subscribed" when are you taking other s197's to have same done haha im next! dibs dibs :)

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
All this work and you but the those ugly valve covers back on? lol

.....cam covers will get powder coated red once i figure out where the bungs will go to releave crank case pressure!

covers are on right for just temp.....i will be welding 4 #10 bungs to the covers to allow venting to breather tanks on each side.....i just dont want anything getting into the motor for now while i figure out where the bungs are going.....since i no longer have VCT solinoids i will be putting bungs over those old holes and probably 1 more towards the rear of the valve covers and plugging off the original PCV holes.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
covers are on right for just temp.....i will be welding 4 #10 bungs to the covers to allow venting to breather tanks on each side.....i just dont want anything getting into the motor for now while i figure out where the bungs are going.....since i no longer have VCT solinoids i will be putting bungs over those old holes and probably 1 more towards the rear of the valve covers and plugging off the original PCV holes.
With 4 #10 bungs I assume you are going to do a cranckcase evac. set up ?

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
With 4 #10 bungs I assume you are going to do a cranckcase evac. set up ?

i will see how well these do for venting, for now i plan to run 2 hoses from each valve cover to a single breather can with 2 inlets........i think that will be plenty.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I agree #10 will be plenty for venting. Gotcha on the vc's, cant wait for this to all come together man!

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
3462fb39.jpg

57a59f70.jpg

0aebeed2.jpg

f189ce86.jpg

30210976.jpg

4eb34b32.jpg

eeff57c5.jpg

4165094c.jpg

e4a6f518.jpg

fabbed a new bracket to support the turbo, old setup had almost zero support. i like this alot more....tomorrow i throw the k-member on and start figuring out the headers....

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
im going to have a ton of things going to powder coat,jet hot coat and to get polished......lol

i will be modifing the valve covers quit a bit as well as the C&L instake manifold....

Mach1Marauder

LARGE MEMBER
Reaction score
Interesting way to support the turbo.

Just a fyi on the BMR, it's a stupid strong part. A hard crash at the track proved that! It tweaked the front subframe at the mounting points far more than it actually tweaked the k-member. I was very impressed with how little it was damaged.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back