Adding fans to heat exchanger, how are they going to fit?

GreenTerror

forum member
Reaction score
I want to add some fans to my heat exchanger but I don't see any fans available that are going to fit. I know other guys have added fans so I'm assuming those lines in the way can be moved?

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
What I have learned from testing a few setups on my car is that fans won't do nearly as much without some sort of shroud so they pull air through the entire heat exchanger. Also, if you have the heat exchanger and fans too close to your radiator it will actually cause warm air to be circulated back in front of the heat exchanger which reduces the efficiency. You need to think outside the box and try to move your heat exchanger forward if you have room and then make some sort of shroud to mount fans to. It's a bit of a pain but it does make quite a bit of difference.

GreenTerror

forum member
Reaction score
Do people move those lines though to get fans and shroud in there or am I missing something?

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
On my 2010 auto, they used one line only..... with aprx 1.5" diam circular fins in the middle 12" portion. The driver's side is a lot hotter than the pass side. It works, but is a snug fit between my cdc chin spoiler and the bottom the roush 2010 m90 HE. The HE stops just above the pwr steering fins.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
I agree for a street car deleting them is probably not a big deal. But if you are planning on hitting the twisty back roads or a track day you will want that cooler. I have seen power steering fluid heat up enough to pop the cap off!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back