I'm thinking about dumps...

Mike K

WANNA BE FAST
Reaction score
So I was under the car doing some stuff yesterday and found my hanger on my left muffler is tore out and would be a bitch to try to weld so the idea of dumps came to mind.
so my question is what mufflers sound good as dumps. I want a deep sound that will scare people when I go wot but won't be loud as fuck cruising. Now before you go saying dumps are loud and annoying I had them in my 03gt and like them with 40 series flowmasters.
I'm done thinking out loud now.

ctt326

Brenspeed Hater
Reaction score
waddles_12 has some spintechs that are dumped I know he'll let em go for pretty cheap.

matt06

forum member
Reaction score
was/ am considering running a set of m80s i have as dumps.. expecting it to be pretty loud

forum member
Reaction score
Is having dumps louder than having straight pipes with no resonators, mufflers etc?

Nasty GT

Using stuff to do things
Reaction score
I have ran dumps on alot of older cars and the only thing that bothered me was the amount of dust they stir up. If you have any gravel to creep over the car will be covered in dust instantly.

On a side note I ran Spintechs on an 80 Malibu I got rid of recently and loved the sound...they are friggin loud for sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npGs3vQp0Nc

waddles_12

forum member
Reaction score
PM me if you're interested

Attachments

• mms_picture2.jpg
    mms_picture2.jpg
    287.4 KB · Views: 82

waddles_12

forum member
Reaction score
Where are those setup to be mounted?
Behind the axle. They have dumps 'cause I bought them from a member here that had a roush center exhaust bumper. I just never got around to putting tips on them.

Agent007

forum member
Reaction score
I run 4''x18'' Moroso Spiral Flow mufflers Welded to my O/R Prochamber followed by 8'' dumps. I used hangers with reinforced rubber straps that screwed into the back of the area where your feet would be if you were sitting in the rear seat. I will work on vids of how it sounds at cold crand, idle, and drive by. It is loud at WOT but cruising it sounds like an older muscle car. I haven't had any trouble with drone, but I also have 4.10's and the drone could be occuring well before 2k rpm

Last edited:

yur2slo

Yur2Slo
Reaction score
after axle. ran them with a o/r h and they were very loud. personally didn't car for the sound mainly because it was to loud for me.

yur2slo

Yur2Slo
Reaction score
IMG_7986.jpg

IMG_1094.jpg

IMG_1093.jpg

P4280303.jpg

P4280301.jpg

P4280300.jpg

Redfire_WNL

THE BEAST UNLEASHED!
Reaction score
I have dumps that dump off just before my back seat. I get headaches sometimes listening to them and it definitely isn't fun to hear when cruising on the highway. I drove from Tampa, FL to Milwaukee, WI with them and I was so ready to just leave my car at a gas station lol

Mike K

WANNA BE FAST
Reaction score
Lmao. I know they get annoying and that's why I plan on doing them after my long trip to AZ and back. I'm going to dump before the axle I just need to decide on mufflers.

todr4

forum member
Reaction score
I had 3" exhaust with flowmaster 40's ended just before the rear axle. Never again.

waldogt07

forum member
Reaction score
As you know that all of my exhaust set-ups I have had were dumped before the rear axle......It gives the car of course a louder sound but yet a very deep sound if you pick the right muffler or resonator.....I haven't tried the spin-techs yet but they are on the list....Just got to figure out how to get them to fit under there........What type of muffler or resonator are you looking for???

Redfire_WNL

THE BEAST UNLEASHED!
Reaction score
Im interested in getting new mufflers for my dumps as well so this thread could help me as well

Back