IMG_0034.jpg

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
"dead" is a bit harsh... little duct tape and some buffing compound and it will be fine.

ok... so what happened?

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch didly ouch...

Sorry to see that...

As Hawg said - what happened?

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
Bad judgment and a rolled foot between the peddle and carpet. Pulled out at a bad time, saw traffic, got on it only to somehow jam my shoe sideways between the carpet and peddle which laid it wide open. Instead of pushing in the clutch, like I know to do, I tried to correct it and get my foot off only to have it whip sideways into the curb and on it's side. Broke the side window out with my head or arm....not sure which. Might have popped the motor too. Oil all over the place. Not one airbag went off, not even the side impact ones. They must only work on pressure through the body panels, which for the most part didn't get messed up too bad. I know the rear end, suspension, wheels, and possibly motor are trash. The inner fender is pushed into the tire somehow too. Not a good day at all. All this after turning in my boat for a small dent that a dealer noticed when I went to trade it in, which now they might total it, leaving me with a bill to pay for the amount over book which is about 8 grand.:kill:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
that totally sucks man..... hopefully the motor is ok and just a line got pulled/broke loose

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Get that head checked - pushing out a window takes a fair amount of force and head injuries can take a while to show...

Hoping for the best - blows when you screw up and it ends up biting you like that.

joedls

Dragracer wannabe
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Get that head checked - pushing out a window takes a fair amount of force and head injuries can take a while to show...

Hoping for the best - blows when you screw up and it ends up biting you like that.

You might want to have it checked out if you want, but you'd be surprised what kind of punishment a head can take. Here's a couple of pics of my 68 when my accelerator got stuck at WOT. You can see where my head hit the windshield. The paramedics couldn't believe I didn't sustain more damage than I did. My head was fine other that a few cuts. It sucks about your car, but what's important is that you are OK.

Attachments

• crash.JPG
    crash.JPG
    135.8 KB · Views: 56
  • crash 3.JPG
    crash 3.JPG
    146.1 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You might want to have it checked out if you want, but you'd be surprised what kind of punishment a head can take. Here's a pic of my 68 when my accelerator got stuck at WOT. You can see where my head hit the windshield. The paramedics couldn't believe I didn't sustain more damage than I did. My head was fine other that a few cuts. It sucks about your car, but what's important is that you are OK.
Ouch, that's painful to look at as well (not for your head, but your car)...

It all depends on which part you hit and how your brains slosh around when you did it...

Looks like you head butted that window nicely... Glad your ok...

ixtlan

Reaction score
Dont look real bad from the pic anyway.
Bet your head looks worse...
Good thing is you didnt hit the rear quarter too hard.
Fixable from the looks of it.
Ya want a new rear anyway didnt ya?
A Detroit Ratchet machine!!!!
If motor is gone its time to upgrade to a 5.4 or better.
Get the quotes and my bet it isnt a total.
Take the money and run.
You can get the same work done much cheaper and better for the amount an insurance company will pay out.
A new beginning for the Grabber is what I see.

SC boss

watch this!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That sucks man, hopefully you come out ok with the insurance and get it back on the road new and improved. Sorry to hear but glad your ok!

MrClean

Marc; but I go by MrClean
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My condolences...but like the other folks said, at least you came out of it OK.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thank god your Ok Man. The car can be fixed. It doesnt look that bad. Hey there is the built shortblock in the for sale section for $2200

FnSweet06

forum member
Reaction score
When i first seen the pic thats what i automatically assumed, just cause the other day that almost happend to me, there was traffic coming so i guned it a little not knowing the car was gonna fish tail as bad as it did and i remember thinking to myself wow i wont be doing that again.
But glad your okay.

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I think its hard to say if they will total it..As long as there is no unibody damage, it looks mostly cosmetic, imo..You will get her back on the road in no time, glad ur ok..

C-Liz-Go

Resident Realtor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ow ow ow OW!! Thank goodness YOU are okay. The car, oh man.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back