IT'S DEAD..........

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'd be willing to bet big money that it's hurt worse than you think.
Sounds like Kimmer isn't the one being overly optimistic...

I'd have the second the concern that the unibody got some serious flex there and needs a rather fine-toothed comb dragged over it to check that it is straight/correct on all dimensions. The inner fender well is an indication of frame/shell flex that sprung back, but that doesn't mean it came back straight...

Hope I am wrong...

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Damn.....that sucks, Kimmer. I'd be willing to bet big money that it's hurt worse than you think.

Can you be any more negative. We need optimism at this point :beer:

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
We needed optimism when it first happened - now is the time for getting to the brass tax of how to get Kimmer driving a mechanically sound orange mustang ASAP for as few $'s as possible... :beer:

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
We needed optimism when it first happened - now is the time for getting to the brass tax of how to get Kimmer driving a mechanically sound orange mustang ASAP for as few $'s as possible... :beer:

Optimism that it isnt completely wrecked and it can be fixed. unless he wants a new car and to start over

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Not trying to be negative. Just an observation based on what he said about the front strut/fenders and the rear end housing. Plus, my kid has done this one before. Didn't look bad until we got it on the frame machine.

Just glad he's ok.

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
Came in at just over $8000 to fix. Looks like it's gonna be a couple weeks before it's done. Pretty much everything on driver's side is being replaced. They put a new 8.8 in it, rear sway bar, front strut, I put Foose Nitrous wheels back on it, all new Toyo T1R's (which I have to pay for 1 plus some pro-rating of the others), and some other misc parts. As soon as it's done, i'll take it for a drive, because i'm sure it will have some vibrations.

Krahzee1

Reaction score
Yep, guy ran a stop sign the 2nd week I owned it and hit me in the passenger front side...lol. Car is cursed!!

knowing your history with motorized things, I'd say it's not the car

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
knowing your history with motorized things, I'd say it's not the car
GASP!:shock:

You mean, the driver is to blame? I thought you were a liberal :poke:

Just kidding...

Good luck Kimmer, hope it comes out well...

Krahzee1

Reaction score
GASP!:shock:

You mean, the driver is to blame? I thought you were a liberal :poke:

Just kidding...

Good luck Kimmer, hope it comes out well...

The only thing motorized that he owns (owned) that I know of him not at least wrecking was his previous boat.

Snowmobiles seem to be the most frequent target.

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Those things are gasoline powered death on skids (but really fun!)...

I am always amazed they let schmo's off the street "rent" them...

"Sir, we will throw in the emergency locator beacon for free... Oh, no, its not so we can find you, we want the snowmobile back, not you...":idea:

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
The only thing motorized that he owns (owned) that I know of him not at least wrecking was his previous boat.

LOL, yeah, I tend to be the one guy willing to try stuff first..........and it's not always the best things to try. And for the record, that guy hit me head on! HAHA
If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all!

speedofsound

The gauge pod guy
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Damn, Kimmer, just saw this!

Agreed with the rest that #1 is your safety, the car can fixed or replaced.

Not to be morbid, but I think you're the first SOS pillar owner involved in a rollover. How'd my babies make out? They've got an excellent crash worthiness (tested quite a few times now...), and hope that was the case here.

If you suspect any damage, send me the pillar when its appropriate and we'll go over it and make sure it's tip-top for the repaired/next stang. :thumb:

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
The pods came through untouched!:thumb: The rest of the car was not so lucky.
Damn, Kimmer, just saw this!

Agreed with the rest that #1 is your safety, the car can fixed or replaced.

Not to be morbid, but I think you're the first SOS pillar owner involved in a rollover. How'd my babies make out? They've got an excellent crash worthiness (tested quite a few times now...), and hope that was the case here.

If you suspect any damage, send me the pillar when its appropriate and we'll go over it and make sure it's tip-top for the repaired/next stang. :thumb:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back