Tire cupping on the passenger side

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
My alignment is dead on. The tech even let me come out when they had the car on the lift/alignment to show me the specs on the screen as he adjusted it. What else can cause this? Balljoint? A-arm bushings? What's the easiest way to troubleshoot?

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
Struts have 69,000 miles on them. How do I check if it's the struts?

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
Do you have a picture of the Alignment Print Out? Also can you post good clean picture of what you think is cupping?

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
I do not have the print out. Like I stated earlier, he let me watch the measurements go from yellow to green on the screen as he adjusted it. When I told him it was a driveway alignment, he offered me a job. Lol! Now that I think about it, I did drive around for about a week when I installed the SR Performance springs before getting it aligned. I bet I wore them out then and just never noticed until I installed the H&R Super Sports.

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
wN3aAXu.jpg

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
R&R struts. Get another alignment after that's done, because shit can get out of spec easily. Pay attention to the numbers, not just the color. Make sure the numbers are reasonably close from side to side, and not at opposite ends of the green spectrum.

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
So after reading 20 pages worth of strut discussion, I'm still no closer to makin a decision on what to replace my stockers with. Dave will probably jump in here with a link an tell me to use the damn search function. Recommendations welcome.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
I bought Koni's, wish I had bought bilsteins. Good reviews on the latter. Maybe just call up vorschlag and get their kit with the top mounts and everything.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
R&R struts. Get another alignment after that's done, because shit can get out of spec easily. Pay attention to the numbers, not just the color. Make sure the numbers are reasonably close from side to side, and not at opposite ends of the green spectrum.

This right here is SO true. There are way too many Alignment guys that do not understand how the numbers work and how critical they can be. They just think Green is Good and red is Not.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
just call up vorschlag
This ↑↑↑

The stiffnesses of those H&R springs are well within what Koni yellows can effectively control, but they lower the car about an inch more than the most I'd ever be comfortable trying to make said Konis work with (I have the Konis, with only about 1/2" lowering by intentional choice).

Do check things like ball joints and wheel bearings, and even the front control arm bushings (especially the big ones at the rear attachment points).

Norm

Last edited:

Speedboosted

Found missing cylinders
Reaction score
So after reading 20 pages worth of strut discussion, I'm still no closer to makin a decision on what to replace my stockers with. Dave will probably jump in here with a link an tell me to use the damn search function. Recommendations welcome.

Bilstein's, Bilstein's, Bilstein's. Seriously though, they aren't anymore expensive than Koni Yellow's (cheaper if you find the right websites), ride much better and last waaaaaay longer. And have much better performance.

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
The only Bilstein's I can find are the B6 HD which are the same length as OEM. I would think they'd be shorter like the Ford Racing struts. Am I just not looking in the right place? The Bilstein site mentioned B8s but I haven't been able to find any for an 08.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
I kind of stumbled across that information as well - they may be out of production. Who's still turning wrenches on old beater 2008 cars? Should be saving for the new GT500. Supercharged 5.2! Lots of power.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back