Diagnosing P0305 - spark plug read pics

GreenTerror

forum member
Reaction score
I had code P0305 come up a couple weeks ago and I cleared it, then the same P0305 code came back up just last week. So it looks like I got something going on with the front drivers side cylinder. To diagnose it today I pulled the COP off to move to the front passenger side and also decided to pull out the two front plugs for the first time since putting on the DOB kit. I think they look fine from what I know but want to get a second opinion on the plug read.

Also I noticed that the way the DOB kit is setup that the alternator touches the top of the COP where the plug goes on the COP, sorry I didn't take a picture of that. Any thoughts if that would cause interference?

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Do the plug swap and cop swap like you have planned and see what happens. Nothing looks crazy with the plugs to me. Also there is some play when you bolt the cops on so try to adjust it so its not touching before you tighten it down.

travelers

Reaction score
You can't really read the plugs by your pics. Need closer pics of the electrodes.

GreenTerror

forum member
Reaction score
Had code P0351 come up today which I believe points to the front passenger side cop, where I moved the coil to last time. So it looks like that cop is likely to be bad and I need some new ones.

07 Boss

Reaction score
Had code P0351 come up today which I believe points to the front passenger side cop, where I moved the coil to last time. So it looks like that cop is likely to be bad and I need some new ones.

If only one coil is bad why are you going to replace a bunch of them? Why not just the bad one?

travelers

Reaction score
Yes if it's a stock one and some aftermarket company's you can buy just one also

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back