WTB a pair of Corbeau FX1 Pro seats

AlbertD

forum member
Reaction score
The cheapest I can find is $600 shipped for a new pair. Can anyone beat that price shipped to 85715? Slightly used is ok as well as long as there are no tears or noticeable wear marks.

Also willing to trade for a full set of 07 GT500 black leather seat covers with foam. (Front and rear, including head rests - immaculate condition)

AlbertD

forum member
Reaction score
American muscle with the 6% discount

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlbertD

forum member
Reaction score
Anyone? Last chance before I place an order with AM tomorrow.

2011/5.0

Reaction score
Don't buy the single locking corbeau brackets Mine failed at the strip. Pair of double locking is only 40 more but am doesnt carry them

AlbertD

forum member
Reaction score
Oh I'm not, I had some in my GT and they failed at the strip as well. First launch I ended up in the back seat, lol.

I will source the double locking sliders from somewhere else. Thanks for looking out.

moostang09

Resident YouTube Guy
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Don't buy the single locking corbeau brackets Mine failed at the strip. Pair of double locking is only 40 more but am doesnt carry them

Oh I'm not, I had some in my GT and they failed at the strip as well. First launch I ended up in the back seat, lol.

I will source the double locking sliders from somewhere else. Thanks for looking out.

Very good info, thank you for sharing guys. I am a newb to aftermarket seats, thanks for the heads up.

AlbertD

forum member
Reaction score
Well, just placed the order. My stock seats will be listed for sale soon.

moostang09

Resident YouTube Guy
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You picking up some Corbeaus as well Moostang? You will love them!

If you haven't looked up information concerning the airbag light/codes, give this a look before you install...
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/foru...694-2005-mustang-gt-5-speed-change-seats.html

Yes I am. I was checking out the A4 Wides. I like that the back part is taller than the LG1's. I also want to keep the decline feature for my wife in the passenger side for road trips.

I was looking at two A4 seats, now the double locking bracket, harness' and the harness bar. Anything else?

AlbertD

forum member
Reaction score
Hmm... you would have to check to see if the A4 wides would actually fit. I know when I had the FX1 pros before, the clearance was tight.

You can use the factory seat belts with the seats so no need for the harness and bar on a street driven car.

You will need to buy some terminator plugs from Ford to eliminate the side air bag light. (as well as transfer over various other parts from the stock seats) I know for 05-09 models the resistance on the plug should be 2ohms, not sure if that has changed for 2013 or not.

2011/5.0

Reaction score
I bought the seat harness out of s197 classifieds so i didnt have to strip my seats. Just had to transfer seat belt clip. I will say the seats run narrower than advertised

moostang09

Resident YouTube Guy
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I may need to do some research on fitment then.. On LRS' site they have them listed under the 2011-2014 mustang.

2011/5.0

Reaction score
Im talking about the wire harness you remove from your stock seat. I wanted to keep mine in one piece so i bought a 11-12 wire harness removed from a stock premium package car

moostang09

Resident YouTube Guy
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Question,

Is this not a code that could be overwritten in an after market tune? JW...

So the corbeau seats come with a wiring harness on the bottom or you have to add one?

AlbertD

forum member
Reaction score
Question,

Is this not a code that could be overwritten in an after market tune? JW...

Nope

So the corbeau seats come with a wiring harness on the bottom or you have to add one?

No, you have to transfer over various components from your stock seats to prevent the air bag light from coming on.

Driver side...
Seat track position sensor
Air bag terminator plug (2 ohms)
Seat buckle (this can be turned off)

Passenger side...
OCS module with bladder
Air bag terminator plug
Seat buckle

All this information is covered in that link I posted earlier in this thread.

moostang09

Resident YouTube Guy
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ok cool! I will be sure to read it in depth and bookmark it. Thanks again man.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back