2008 "tigermachine II" Bullitt Mustang build, Pics & Video on Post #518 ...

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You are getting closer and closer.. I know that. Came along ways from the start on here.

I will agree, there comes a point where the car becomes more of a headache than a enjoyment.

Joe,

I will only speak for myself and what I want to do with mine.
I can tell you I'm over the H/P & Torque thing.
My opinion is based on what I know personally it is maybe past time for me to have stopped on increasing the power.
I want to be able to start mine up and drive it any where I please.
And I also wanted to retain all the functions on mine that came on it from ford.
Like, A/C, power steering, power brakes, wipers, washers, rear defroster, shaker 1000, power locks, power windows and that list goes on.
I'm not going to state this next thing as a fact simply because I have not yet picked mine up yet.
But from what Brent & George at Brenspeed have told me numerous times mine still drives very close to stock.
No surging, stalling when coming to a stop, shifting all screwed up, won't idle, start it up and black smoke rolling out the exhaust, eating spark plugs up, driving down the road and it bucking, all that crap can happen.
In my case I don't have to deal with any of it.

So what I'm really saying it is one thing to trailer a car to a drag-strip and race it.

It's a completely different story as both of us know to have a car like mine that can be raced but also very reliable to drive with confidence.

Me and you have had that discussion more than a few times.

So buddy I'm STOPPING while mine is still a usable vehicle.
IMHO I'm at that power level which is probably more right now than the rear tires (Street Tires) are going to be able to handle.

I will be looking for you to get back into a Mustang once again.
I might be wrong but I have a feeling if you do you might this time keep your's to where you can also have the confidence to drive it any where you want.
Spending huge amount of dollars and then not being able to really use what was built is not perhaps the best way to go.

Terry

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
When are you getting the car back?
Jim,

As it stands my running mate and me are suppose to go get it this coming week April 18th (Saturday).
We will drive up on the Friday night before and pick it up on Saturday.

But ...............

That depends on everything getting done and most importantly to me.
Brent also having days to test drive it before we drive up to get it.
This time I'm willing to wait until it can have miles put on it and thoroughly tested.

Terry

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Fuck the haters Terry!

Glad to see you around still!

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Fuck the haters Terry!

Glad to see you around still!
Nick,

I'll try not to type a paragraph on responding as I have a tenancy to be overly wordy. :yawn:

I think this is what I wish to say in response.
I just wish the majority of us could just talk cars and leave out all the UN-necessary negative comments to one another.
This is suppose to be an internet site on S197 Mustangs.
So why do some people feel the necessity to just be total asses to in many cases complete strangers.
Some members on here have said things to me that I can't even believe and they don't even know me much less have never met me.

I think one of the things I have read from a few is, (Terry you take the internet to serious).
You know what Nick ???
Maybe the one's making it a point to jump on other members asses should take what they say a Hell of a lot more SERIOUS !!!

Well not like I have not in the past said basically the same exact thing.
icon9.gif

Terry

Last edited:

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
2014 GT500 in the garage as of yesterday!

Man I figured it would not be long before seeing a Mustang in your garage. :rockit:

So knowing you now it begins .............

I'll look for a new thread as I know you will probably start one.

Congratulations !!!

Terry

SherrodMustang

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah.. maybe soon enough.

Just order a SCT x4 tuner, custom tune, 2.4 pulley, 90mm idler pulley/bracket, new colder plugs, JLT cold air intake, cobra jet TB, JLT oil seperators and Gates Racing belt.

Windows are scheduled to get tinted next week with 20% sides and 5% rear. I would like also to get some real carbon fiber exterior parts. Like a hood extractor, front spoiler, rockers and rear valence.

Also would like to add Kooks long tubes and off-road mid pipe. But to be honest the car sounds amazing with the stock exhaust. Not too loud and not to soft.. sounds great.

So the modding begins.... lol.. only had the car two days.

Hopefully this will get me close to 675 rwhp to 700 rwhp. Which will be pretty nice for a street car, no where close to where I came from with the 2008 Mustang. But hey, that car was at 31lbs of boost and was near impossible to drive at some points.

Last edited:

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah.. maybe soon enough.

Just order a SCT x4 tuner, custom tune, 2.4 pulley, 90mm idler pulley/bracket, new colder plugs, JLT cold air intake, cobra jet TB, JLT oil seperators and Gates Racing belt.

Windows are scheduled to get tinted next week with 20% sides and 5% rear. I would like also to get some real carbon fiber exterior parts. Like a hood extractor, front spoiler, rockers and rear valence.

Also would like to add Kooks long tubes and off-road mid pipe. But to be honest the car sounds amazing with the stock exhaust. Not too loud and not to soft.. sounds great.

So the modding begins.... lol.. only had the car two days.

Hopefully this will get me close to 675 rwhp to 700 rwhp. Which will be pretty nice for a street car, no where close to where I came from with the 2008 Mustang. But hey, that car was at 31lbs of boost and was near impossible to drive at some points.

Joe,

Man I knew things would not stay [Stock] long my man. :naughty1:

Hey we both know one can go so far with POWER that you end up with nothing but a toy in the garage to look at and show your buddies when they drop by.

This time I'm thinking you won't go there with this Shelby.

I can tell you I have stopped with the power thing on mine.
I want to be able to drive the doggone thing not just look at it in the garage.

Terry

SherrodMustang

forum member
Reaction score
I agree.. not going crazy this time around. Want to enjoy it.

Now maybe down the road I might throw on a 4.0 or 4.5 wipple and have the motor built and up the boost a bit.. would like to see 1000 rwhp some day... but way down the road.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I agree.. not going crazy this time around. Want to enjoy it.

Now maybe down the road I might throw on a 4.0 or 4.5 wipple and have the motor built and up the boost a bit.. would like to see 1000 rwhp some day... but way down the road.

I'm reading you Big-Guy !!!

T.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Post Pictures & Video below I just received today from Brent/Brenspeed .....

For those interested.

Below will be the pictures & Video I received from Brent today.
Many of you have asked for them so they will give you some idea of what the New-Bullitt-Mustang is.
The pictures are taken quickly with a cell camera and the video.

So don't expect some totally awesome pics or video.
They have been putting test-miles on it.
And it rains up there very frequently.
The Bullitt just got the new M/T tires installed this week.
So they don't have tire dressing, Bullitt not detailed, or engine bay.

But, Brent and I discussed it and both agree to at least share with you guys in general what it looks like and sounds like.

It's going to be some weeks before I go up to take delivery so we both agreed to do this preview.

That will be explained by Brent below.
Sent: Fri, Apr 17, 2015 10:38 am
Subject: PICS OF YOUR CAR

Hi Tiger above is a link to the walk around of your car we talked about yesterday. Sound awesome.
I also attached some pics so you can see the new gauge switch panel/tires & wheels.
I think we can get the back down a little more we just want to be careful that in a hard bump situation you keep the tire clearance you want.
The rear is pretty stiff so it shouldn't move much.
As we spoke about on our call yesterday this weekend is 90% chance of rain here Sunday and you are at 90% as well so the tracks will be closed.
I'm out of town the next 3 following weekends for the 1 Lap Of America race.
Shoot me an email later and let me know what your schedule is like.
If you want this on a track it's not happening this weekend with the rain, and then I am out for 3 weeks.
After that I am in town for a full month.
THANKS
Brent

Terry

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Damn I wish!!!! There's no speed shops within 200miles of me:sad72:.

David,

It's an 8-hour drive and like 500 miles to BRENSPEED for me.
I can't even imagine being 3-miles down the street from a performance shop.
Heck if I was I would volunteer my services to just to hang-out.

Terry

Back