centerforce clutch question

08gt4u

forum member
Reaction score
i have a friend with a 07 gt and his second gear is very hard for it to come in,when it does it makes a scrapping sound.he wants to replace the clutch and he was looking at centerforce clutch since we can get it for him through my job for 250.my question is does he needs something else to install it or is a drop in replacement.finally does any one got experience with this clutch?
thank you

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Josh from PMP killed one during a pretty awesome burnout. I killed one after 3 months of driving and no racing since the track was closed. Did a burnout and killed the clutch and a Fidanza aluminum flywheel.

Went with a Spec 3+ and Spec steel flywheel and haven't looked back. Over 100 1/4 mile passes power shifting and I beat the crap out of it on the street...still holding strong.

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
I've had a centerforce clutch on my car for approx 35k miles without any issues at all. I've only ran at the track approx 10 times on it, but it still hasn't given me any problems.

08gt4u

forum member
Reaction score
thank you dysan.
i had told him about the spec clutch but at this moment he cant afford the spec one since he needs a flywheel as well.
what hes getting is the centerforce stage 3 clutch and a steel flywheel,the clutch comes with the pressure plate as well so his looking at 620 at this moment without installation.if you have another combo with clutch,pressure plate and flywheel better than this for about the same price please let me know so i can tell him.
by the way sorry for the noob questions but i drive an auto.

08gt4u

forum member
Reaction score
Don't forget to replace the TOB.

what is a TOB

tmcolegr- thank you for the tsb but he dosent want to go back to the dealer so they can replace with the same one.he rather just bite the bullet and install something better than a stock one.

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score
Throw
Out
Bearing

My point was are you absolutely sure the clutch is the problem. The problem you described in your first post states that 2nd gear had an issue. If the clutch was the root cause of this problem it would affect all gears - not just 2nd gear.

Now having said that, if your friend wants a new clutch that's another issue, but don't be surprised if the problem is still there after installing a new clutch.

That is why I posted the TSB about the 2nd/3rd gear synchronizer being a known product problem.

Proceed as you wish....

Last edited:

08gt4u

forum member
Reaction score
Throw
Out
Bearing

My point was are you absolutely sure the clutch is the problem. The problem you described in your first post states that 2nd gear had an issue. If the clutch was the root cause of this problem it would affect all gears - not just 2nd gear.

Now having said that, if your friend wants a new clutch that's another issue, but don't be surprised if the problem is still there after installing a new clutch.

That is why I posted the TSB about the 2nd/3rd gear synchronizer being a known product problem.

Proceed as you wish....

i really appreciate your help and to tell you the truth if it was my car ill have the dealer replace it under warranty.
now to answer your question no we are not sure is the clutch because after reading your post it dosent do it under normal driving either.the problem with 2nd is only when racing.

08gt4u

forum member
Reaction score
Throw
Out
Bearing

Proceed as you wish....

thank you for clearing that out.

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
My centerforce was installed by my local ford dealer only because the stock clutch was on back-order at the time. I suspect what I have is the basic Centerforce 1 clutch.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back