The PIC WHORE CLUB!!! Knock before you Enter!!!

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
America.

This is my second car in a row to have a tinted windshield, and I've yet to get pulled over for it. And NY tint laws are pretty strict

In LA. they'll make you peal it off right on the spot if it's too dark on side glasses. I truly believe if you had a windshield tinted here they would have you towed. You can't get it inspected either.

Sent from iPhone

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
No cop is going to notice if you don't overdo it and your tint guy gets the whole windshield. I did 50 or 75% years ago and I hate that we haven't done it to my wife's Explorer. When it comes to tinting windows, just don't be an ass about it just to show "The Man" who's boss. That's some stupid shit to be a "rebel" about.

Get enough to block out the sun but not make you blind at night, that way if a cop asks you can generally explain "Black leather interior, sits in the sun all day, blah blah blah," and they probably won't care. I did 20% on sides and rear and either 50 or 75 up front and it's outstanding. Note: LED reverse lights are necessary with a good tint up front.

Tint Shops here won't even install it on the windshield.

Sent from iPhone

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score

NY has the same rules for the rear and rear sides, and the 4" on the windshield, but the front side windows have to be 70% or higher. Which is bullshit, because a factory "untinted" window is going to read in the 80's. My VW read 84% transmission completely stock. Had a LEO buddy test it because he said it was tinted, and I didn't think it was.

No cop is going to notice if you don't overdo it and your tint guy gets the whole windshield. I did 50 or 75% years ago and I hate that we haven't done it to my wife's Explorer. When it comes to tinting windows, just don't be an ass about it just to show "The Man" who's boss. That's some stupid shit to be a "rebel" about.

Get enough to block out the sun but not make you blind at night, that way if a cop asks you can generally explain "Black leather interior, sits in the sun all day, blah blah blah," and they probably won't care. I did 20% on sides and rear and either 50 or 75 up front and it's outstanding. Note: LED reverse lights are necessary with a good tint up front.

A local business owner has a G55, and has 5% all the way around on it, including the entire windshield. How he doesn't get arrested every time he leaves the house is beyond me. I'm all for freedom, but people pushing too far is why we have laws about this shit.

In LA. they'll make you peal it off right on the spot if it's too dark on side glasses. I truly believe if you had a windshield tinted here they would have you towed. You can't get it inspected either.

Sent from iPhone

Yeah, there was a proposal for NY's new inspection process to have a meter hooked into the computer. Finger RIGHT up our asses.

Tint Shops here won't even install it on the windshield.

Sent from iPhone

The big shops around here usually won't either. Gotta go to the mom and pop places and hope they're in a good mood, or know somebody that knows somebody.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
The laws here in PA are 70% of light or higher must be able pass thru window tint on both front passenger and driver's side windows, otherwise it's illegal..

As for the windshield, under the PA vehicle code, aftermarket tinting is illegal altogether.. However the rear and rear quarter window sections have no tint restrictions at all..

AndrewS197

forum member
Reaction score
I have 5% on my 5.0 and my daily driver. I've never had one problem. I usually try to avoid pulling next to a cop at a light, though. Lol

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
I have 5% on my 5.0 and my daily driver. I've never had one problem. I usually try to avoid pulling next to a cop at a light, though. Lol

Mine had 5% when I bought it years ago. Couldn't see much out the back windows at night. Would get pulled over left and right for it too. :/ Ended up putting 35% around the sides and 50% on the windshield, and was never bothered about it since. Never had an issue when I had 15% or 20% on other cars either. Might do 20% on the truck, definitely 50% on the windshield.

AndrewS197

forum member
Reaction score
Mine had 5% when I bought it years ago. Couldn't see much out the back windows at night. Would get pulled over left and right for it too. :/ Ended up putting 35% around the sides and 50% on the windshield, and was never bothered about it since. Never had an issue when I had 15% or 20% on other cars either. Might do 20% on the truck, definitely 50% on the windshield.

Luckily s550's have back up cameras, or I wouldn't be able to see a damn thing when I was backing up. 5% in conjunction with my gt350r wing makes rear visibility impossible. Lol

TRC51

forum member
Reaction score

Man... I'm getting old. I have a hard time seeing anything on a rainy night with no tint.

SpeedDemonS197

Reaction score
2fa02c85c5089b61c637d6f569696e7c.jpg

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back