2014 V6 in an 06 V6?

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
Found a damn good deal on one, wondering if this has been done before?

You'd probably want the whole car to use as a parts donor 'cause there's a lot more than just the engine that you'll need to swap over. Tranny, driveshaft, rear axle, front brakes, ECU/engine harness, and body harness will be the minimum. You might then decide you want the seats, dashboard, and gauge cluster as well.
Check the position of the AC compressor and alternator on the 3.7 because if you're going to reuse your existing units, you might need custom mounting brackets. I believe the '11-'14 V6 also has EPAS so if you want to keep your existing hydraulic PS pump, you'll definitely need a custom mounting bracket.
At the end of the day, it'll cost you a lot less time and money to sell your car and trade up to a GT or an '11-'14 V6. However I can understand you might want to keep it if you love the '05-'09 body style or if the car has sentimental value.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
OP posted that question almost 4 years ago.

But if you are going to swap a turbo 6, keep it in the family and swap a 3.5 Ecoboost in. But it'd be cheaper and easy to trade up to a GT.

ZeroGT

Reaction score
Anyone done this swap? I have a 2009 v6 with autotrans. I have seen wrecked 3.7 with 6 speeds as cheap as $1300. I have done a few swaps on older mustangs. It will be a few solid days of work, but with a complete car it usually is not that bad. I drive mine 100+ miles a day and like the better 31 MPG and 6 speed upgrade, but have considered Coyote Swap also. Most of the Coyote cars wrecked are much more expensive about 4k.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back