Not my fault - OP's fault for not knowing how to write or post

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure Mustangs wouldn't exist if it wasn't for V6 and Ecoboost sales.

Pretty sure nobody still cares about the V6. As to the 2.3EB.....there is a growing group that cares, but not nearly as much as those that care about the 5.0.

I, for example, am interested in the 2.3 EB even though I can't imagine myself buying one. But they do have my curiosity. As a daily commuter car, I think it could be a nice fun car.

46addict

Reaction score
Pretty sure nobody still cares about the V6. As to the 2.3EB.....there is a growing group that cares, but not nearly as much as those that care about the 5.0.

I, for example, am interested in the 2.3 EB even though I can't imagine myself buying one. But they do have my curiosity. As a daily commuter car, I think it could be a nice fun car.
The creators of this forum cared enough to make a V6 section, and people post in it. :burnout:

Pretty sure Ecoboost Mustangs sound like blenders.
This was covered in a different thread, and I wasn't saying anything about how good or bad they sound. :321:

I'm like that kid in school that raved about his cassette player when everyone else had iPods. Portable music wouldn't be a thing if cassettes were never invented. :whistle1:

nawagner

forum member
Reaction score
Hi people. Iam hoping to get any info on the best street brake pads and rotors to use i do drive a little hard but no track time 2010 4.0 in need of brakes

I admire that you had the balls to stick around so I will help you out here. As mentioned OEM will work and a step up would be Centric rotors and Stoptech pads.

Also this was the best damn thread I've read in while so thanks for that.

palanza7

forum member
Reaction score
Holy shit I'm so glad someone quoted that before it was gone. How does a person manage to use a computer to post when they write like that?

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
Holy shit I'm so glad someone quoted that before it was gone. How does a person manage to use a computer to post when they write like that?
My guess would be that it was on their phone. Although I'm posting this from my phone and I think I'm doing ok.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score

On the new body design 2015 and newer. The V6 was designed primarily as a Rental Car Base. Dealers have them available but I can't imagine the Retail Sales numbers are booming.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
After this humiliation I doubt he will ever post again. If he made it all the way through school without learning how to write in English it's not like he's going to learn overnight.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The creators of this forum cared enough to make a V6 section, and people post in it. :burnout:

4.0/3.7 V6 forums = 520 threads
4.6/5.0 V8 forums = 18,878 threads

That's 2.7% of the total posts in the V6 & V8 subforums are about V6's. Statistically "nobody".

But I was only maybe half serious anyway. Someone loves their V6. Probably not a bad commuter car. The 3.7 anyway. The 4.0L is a tractor engine that never should have gone in the car to begin with. In 2005 the V6 Mustang should have come with the 3.0 DOHC from the Taurus. Would only have gave up 9 horsepower and probably would have delivered better fuel economy. Couldn't have been more lo-po.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
On the new body design 2015 and newer. The V6 was designed primarily as a Rental Car Base. Dealers have them available but I can't imagine the Retail Sales numbers are booming.

Found this on another forum. V6 totals are surprising. The stickshift ones are obviously all enthusiasts. I'd bet 80% of the automatic cars were rental cars.

The biggest shock is the number of automatic 5.0's and EB's sold. It's not even close. Does not bode well for the future of the stick shift.

Total Produced (USA): 110,648
Total Manuals (All Engines): 21,797
Total Automatics (All Engines): 88,851

Total 5.0's: 43,862
Total Auto 5.0: 35,221
Total Manual 5.0: 8,641

Total Ecoboost: 39,264
Total Eco Auto: 31,529
Total Eco Manual: 7,735

Total V6: 27,522
Total V6 Auto: 22,100
Total V6 Manual: 5,422

Last edited:

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
4.0/3.7 V6 forums = 520 threads
4.6/5.0 V8 forums = 18,878 threads

That's 2.7% of the total posts in the V6 & V8 subforums are about V6's. Statistically "nobody".

But I was only maybe half serious anyway. Someone loves their V6. Probably not a bad commuter car. The 3.7 anyway. The 4.0L is a tractor engine that never should have gone in the car to begin with. In 2005 the V6 Mustang should have come with the 3.0 DOHC from the Taurus. Would only have gave up 9 horsepower and probably would have delivered better fuel economy. Couldn't have been more lo-po.

I don't know if I'd go quite that far in dissing the 4.0. It was definitely not a performance engine, but for just regular DD use, those things were bulletproof. My in-laws have an Exploder with that engine, am I'm pretty sure they don't maintain it well at all. But it keeps on trucking. Slowly.

Back