Advice please

46addict

Reaction score
If you are doing your own financing you could do a private party deal and buy one from a fellow enthusiast. Another place to look besides forums is Cargurus and Bring a Trailer.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
They called me back and said it's not even close, NADA was $28,000, the bank would loan $28,000 and Ford offered them more than I did. I told him to call the bank or Ford and wished him good luck. The search continues, I'm paying upfront no financing. I wonder if that's hurting me?

Just sit on it they might call you back in a few weeks/months.

Ford offered them 28k... lies! Jesus.

Haha! I agree. There's no freaking way that Ford offered $28K for that car. Like I said, I could go buy five 2015 GT Premiums locally right now for less than that. I'd tell that dealer to pound sand. There's PLENTY of cars out there.

I recently came close to trading for a Challenger Scat Pack. I went and test drove it, then walked away when they didn't want to play ball on the deal. They called me several times the next week or so. I finally made an offer for what I considered was a good deal for me, but fair and not too far off the mark for them. They said no deal, and a week later wholesaled the car to another local dealer who's asking $5K MORE than what I offered the original dealership. That poor car is never gonna sell!

There's other cars out there man, keep your chin up if this one doesn't work out. I think they should've at least countered with something in the high 24/low 25 range, and they would've still been doing fine. I know that's very low mileage on this particular car, but honestly I look at condition before mileage, and would be as happy with a well cared for 70-80K mile car for 5 grand less, over a low mileage example for somewhat of a premium price. I'm sure in 10-15 years, you'll see 200K mile Coyotes running just fine all over the place.

QFT! A have seen some very low mileage cars that looked like they'd been ridden hard and put up wet. The Challenger that I just mentioned above only had 13K miles and was in much worse condition than my Mustang which has 50K! Even the dealer's used car manger admitted that.

Condition>Miles any day.

BNH4.6

forum member
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be nice to know what these schmucks paid the previous owner for trade, I would almost guarantee it was way less than 20K for your car.

There's other cars out there man, keep your chin up if this one doesn't work out. I think they should've at least countered with something in the high 24/low 25 range, and they would've still been doing fine. I know that's very low mileage on this particular car, but honestly I look at condition before mileage, and would be as happy with a well cared for 70-80K mile car for 5 grand less, over a low mileage example for somewhat of a premium price. I'm sure in 10-15 years, you'll see 200K mile Coyotes running just fine all over the place.

For the hell of it, do an online search in your area for the car you want, that's how I got mine. https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for...dius=500&trimCodeList=MUST|GT Premium,MUST|GT has served me well a few times. This is just a link for 500 miles from where I live, but just put your zip code in

Thank you and I will

BNH4.6

forum member
Reaction score
If you are doing your own financing you could do a private party deal and buy one from a fellow enthusiast. Another place to look besides forums is Cargurus and Bring a Trailer.

I've been looking her and SVT performance is there another good forum? I've never heard of bring a trailer, I will check it out

fourdegrees11

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah there's a lot of immature idiots on there for sure, and good luck trying to have a serious discussion.

Old Goat Ninja

Reaction score
I recently paid 23K for a '14 GT from Carmax. Pretty nicely loaded, but not fully loaded. Car had 41K miles on it. I was originally looking for something with a little less mileage, but honestly, 41 isn't all that bad for that year.

I had planned on an S550, but all the used ones I found that I liked were 32K or more. The payment on the one I got is lot easier to take in, and I have no complaints with the car. it's absolute blast to drive, I love the feel from drivers seat, etc. Plus I actually prefer the looks of the 13/14 better anyways. I know the S550 is better, but from a visual perspective, I like the 13/14 much better. The a$$ end is the only part of the S550 I like better from a visual perspective.

Good luck with your search!

BNH4.6

forum member
Reaction score
I found my girl!!!!!! Tomorrow I get her, I can't sleep. 2015 Triple Yellow Premium auto 23,111 miles. $26,2000!!!!!!! She's stock except for a AirRaid cold air and the center muffler/resonator delete with H-pipe. No dings, scratches, nothing, she's got the touch screen thing and air conditioner on seats!!!! my balls!!!!!

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
Ok, I'll research more

VMP in florida. Justin has tuned umpteen thousands of these cars, NA + FI... manual + auto. Your's is an automatic, so another 32 adjustments in software to tweak. Don't mess with bama... you will end up with a gong show on your hands.

BNH4.6

forum member
Reaction score
I'm seeing VMP and Lund come up often the more I dig.
VMP in florida. Justin has tuned umpteen thousands of these cars, NA + FI... manual + auto. Your's is an automatic, so another 32 adjustments in software to tweak. Don't mess with bama... you will end up with a gong show on your hands.

BNH4.6

forum member
Reaction score
I've been trying to put up pictures but I suck. They are on my phone, how do I get them on here?

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm seeing VMP and Lund come up often the more I dig.

I'll throw out a third option, the one I use: Ford Racing. Yes, you might get slightly more power out of another tuner, but Ford Racing's tunes are 100% safe, have very good driveability, and--if you have a dealer install it--will not void your factory warranty.

And before some jackwagon comes on here claiming that the Ford Racing tune does void your warranty, I have first-hand experience of having warranty work performed with a Ford Racing tune installed on my car, by the dealer who did the warranty work.

I've been trying to put up pictures but I suck. They are on my phone, how do I get them on here?

IMGUR.com

BNH4.6

forum member
Reaction score
I'll throw out a third option, the one I use: Ford Racing. Yes, you might get slightly more power out of another tuner, but Ford Racing's tunes are 100% safe, have very good driveability, and--if you have a dealer install it--will not void your factory warranty.

And before some jackwagon comes on here claiming that the Ford Racing tune does void your warranty, I have first-hand experience of having warranty work performed with a Ford Racing tune installed on my car, by the dealer who did the warranty work.

IMGUR.com

I checked out the Ford Racing option, I think I will get Power Pack 2 M-9603-M8A, I like the low end torque boost. Thanks for IMGUR, I'm about to try.

BNH4.6

forum member
Reaction score
http://
2CyL5SRm.jpg

buwy36Bm.jpg

5lYZG0wm.jpg

8tggg91m.jpg

skaarlaj

Probie Former Pink Bus Rider
Reaction score
That's a very sweet car, and although everyone on the internet says they can get into an S550 for 2 dollars, I think you did great, and an auto to boot!! Yeah, I'm a little jealous. I'd be calling Circle-D, and Mickey Thompson here directly if I was in your shoes.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back