NA build, times and specs

miltonmegilliii

Learning the ways.
Reaction score
looking to see whats out there as far as NA built cars. what kind of times are you running, rwph, with what mods, as well as tires and launch rpm. trying to get a rough idea at what i should expect.

05 gt 5spd- lowering springs, gt500 wheels, 255/55/18, shorties, O/R xpipe, muffler delete, UDP, 62mm throttle body, CAI canned 93oct tune (hopefully by next spring ill have frrp intake, hotrod cams and a custom dyno tune.)

skaarlaj

Probie Former Pink Bus Rider
Reaction score
A 5 speed manual has alot of human factor that could either make a slow car seem reasonably quick, or a good running car seem slow. It seams like higher 13's are sorta common at the tracks I've seen with typical bolt on 3v's with a decent driver. But I've also seen a handful of 14, and 15 second times as well.

Don't be too upset if you end up with a 15 second time-slip.

miltonmegilliii

Learning the ways.
Reaction score
if i see a 15 i may cry :p. a few mods ago i was able to get my 0-60 down to 5.6 on open street with crappy federal tires.

miltonmegilliii

Learning the ways.
Reaction score
@fdjizm what tires are you using, whats your launch rpm? any suspension or weight reduction?

skaarlaj

Probie Former Pink Bus Rider
Reaction score
if i see a 15 i may cry :p. a few mods ago i was able to get my 0-60 down to 5.6 on open street with crappy federal tires.
I think my datalogs from my old 03 Lightning were at around mid 5's 0-60, it would et around a low 13 on drag radials and no nitrous, never logged with slicks and nitrous.

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I don't think too many people get much past bolt-ons on n/a 3V cars (cams, headers, possibly FRPP intake). Beyond that it gets prohibitively expensive and the money is better spent toward FI.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
@fdjizm what tires are you using, whats your launch rpm? any suspension or weight reduction?

hoosier qtp's on 15x8's, launch at 5500-6250, shift at 6500-6800rpm, strange adjustable shocks & struts, LCA, brackets, no front sway bar and I ditch the passenger seat and the rear seat.

miltonmegilliii

Learning the ways.
Reaction score
Figured you had to have had stickys letting go near redline. I am surprised your running to nearly 7k! Thanks for the info

QuickShift281

forum member
Reaction score
12.63 @ 107.xx. JLT Cold Air, GT500 TB, ORX and a good tune. Strange rear shocks, a bunch of BMR stuff out back, not front sway bar.

07 Boss

Reaction score
looking to see whats out there as far as NA built cars. what kind of times are you running, rwph, with what mods, as well as tires and launch rpm. trying to get a rough idea at what i should expect.

05 gt 5spd- lowering springs, gt500 wheels, 255/55/18, shorties, O/R xpipe, muffler delete, UDP, 62mm throttle body, CAI canned 93oct tune (hopefully by next spring ill have frrp intake, hotrod cams and a custom dyno tune.)

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99580

I think the actual list with all the specs of all the cars is not showing but there ought to be a ton of info in here.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back