Valve Springs 4.6 3v

Wild White Pony

forum member
Reaction score
Anyone know if the Comp Cam 26125 valve springs or the Manley 221433 which has the same specs fits the Ford Racing M-6050-N3VPA 4.6 3v ported heads without machining of the head. Comp also specs the 700 steel or the 702 titanium retainers which seem a hair shy on the Top I.D. .630 with a .930 O.D.
TGOoJ2z.jpg

EXOrTag.jpg

Last edited:

lethe

V4g!n@ #er
Reaction score
I don't think there are any difference in the valvetrain between stock heads and FRPP ported heads .

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
I know the comp don't need any machining. Manley nextech had a reputation for breaking a few years ago. Just an fyi.

Wild White Pony

forum member
Reaction score
I know the comp don't need any machining. Manley nextech had a reputation for breaking a few years ago. Just an fyi.

Great I bought the Manley springs due to the fact I read so many threads about breaking of the comp and Livernois springs.

I don't think there are any difference in the valvetrain between stock heads and FRPP ported heads .

This is true just some porting. I put one of these springs in on an intake valve and it just looks tighter than hell, the pocket for the exhaust valve looks like it may be even a tighter fit.

ArtQ

forum member
Reaction score
Quoted from Mike at L&M engines
green.png
"Any company can sell poor springs at any time. No one in the commercial market makes springs, they are outsourced except some of the high end houses. The spring wire is generally made in Sweden or Japan and it too has bad batches. Harvey Crane said to me, if you find some good springs, buy all you can because the next batch may be inferior.
We run these springs far above the Spring Manufacturers Association's recommendations of 65% stress at around 90-95%.
So if it's not Comp today it's Crower tomorrow.
Good springs are also double to triple of the price Comp or Crower sell at."

From a PAC spring user.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleborjas
just get PAC #1533 springs and they fit with stock retainers

"We had a spring fail on my brothers livernois heads about 1.5 years back. Now I don't know who there supplier was at the time, but I believe I was told its PAC now. Anyways that spring broke, valve fell and took out my brothers 450km used boss block, piston and chamber on the head. So you got pretty lucky if nothing is damaged Steve.

His cams have the same duration as yours, but 0.495" lift.

We never did hear back as to what caused the spring to break when they ran a failure analysis.

I have Manley Nextek valve springs on my heads Steve. No experience with them yet, just about 45 min of run time before my secondary tensioner bed **** on me.
Last edited by torchred04; 12-01-2011 at 05:53 PM. "​
Good thread here: http://www.modularfords.com/threads...ng-QC-Problems?highlight=broken+valve+springs

Last edited:

ArtQ

forum member
Reaction score
I have always had good luck with Comp springs, for what it's worth.

Last edited:

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
I have comp 26125 springs with 127550 cams on my car. I spun it to 7550 on most every pass I ran last year. All is still well as far as the valve train goes.

Last edited:

JPO8GT

forum member
Reaction score
26125's are some of the highest pressure springs available for a 3 valve Comp claims rated to .650 lift.
I ran them on one of my combos without issues. I also ran the PAC springs on another combo no issues claim up to .600 lift.
I installed both sets with the ford 3v spring compressor tool and the Comps are stiffer for sure. I still have the tool if any ones interested pm me.

Last edited:

Wild White Pony

forum member
Reaction score
just get PAC #1533 springs and they fit with stock retainers

Thanks, these springs look like the perfect fit for the cam I'm putting in. They are also not so large and will fit in the pockets well. I'm surprised at how much pressure they have at seat and open being similar in size to stock, not as much lift as the ones I have now but enough.

4Lc3row.jpg

Have these Anderson Cams that I will be putting in.

B4Nv1DO.jpg

The Manley Springs I have now are just a tight and possible problem with both the ID's and O.Ds. being larger than stock, with the right retainer the top should be fine but I'm worried about the larger I.D. on the bottom walking the deck and pushing the spring against that pocket without machining it out, I put a couple in to see how they fit. The retainers are stock I just used them for a dry run fitting, I have larger titanium ones on order.

DOXc2kv.jpg

The Freedom Racing tool shoe is set to the original size spring O.D., When I placed the Manley springs in it bent the hell out of flat part of the shoe since it's larger that the recess in the shoe. The pac ones will def work with this tool.

vqYkqdy.jpg

I think I really need to send back these Manley springs and the titanium retainers and get the PAC, it's hard enough doing a cam and spring swap with the motor in the car as it is.

Last edited:

DVEST8R

forum member
Reaction score
oddly enuff , I cant find the specs on the livernois springs

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back