Driver & passenger seats wiring diagram...

rog06gt

Mash it!!!
Reaction score
Driver & passenger aftermarket seats installation...

Guys, I need the wiring diagram for the driver & passenger seats, want to install my Corbeau GTSII's but obviously need to trick the wiring so that I don't have seat belts chimes and air bag flashing in the dash...
Anybody?, thanks

Last edited:

DONTLIKEYOU

forum member
Reaction score
I work at a dealership and we copy them off for customers all the time(different diagrams) for free so you could swing by your local Ford dealer and get what ya need

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Guys, I need the wiring diagram for the driver & passenger seats, want to install my Corbeau GTSII's but obviously need to trick the wiring so that I don't have seat belts chimes and air bag flashing in the dash...
Anybody?, thanks

Passenger side "passenger classification" (air bag controller) pic 1
Driver's power seat (pic 2 and 3)

2546f430a2ca5bd.jpg

2546f4309cb8e68.jpg

2546f4309653bf1.jpg

Last edited:

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
obviously need to trick the wiring so that I don't have seat belts chimes
This will take care of the seat belt chimes:

1) car off, all belts unbuckled, parking brake on
2) turn key to on position. you will see seat belt warning light light up red
3) after 1 min, light will go off, now you must buckle and then unbuckle seatbelt you want to disable warning for 9 times exactly and finish doing this within 50 seconds of the light going off
4) airbag light will go on for 3 seconds or so
5) after it goes off, buckle then unbuckle seatbelt again 1 time
6) light will flash, seatbelt warning disabled.

fordracing

12.84@108 1.89 60' N/A
Reaction score
Don,
Please tell us you had to look that up, I'll be worried about you if that was comitted to memory. :shock:

3) after 1 min, light will go off, now you must buckle and then unbuckle seatbelt you want to disable warning for 9 times exactly and finish doing this within 50 seconds of the light going off

Herknav

Devil's Advocate
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Whatya mean? That's no more steps than removing the antenna...

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
Don,
Please tell us you had to look that up, I'll be worried about you if that was comitted to memory. :shock:
hahah... no, not memorized. It is also in my roll bar thread. Enitalp posted it when I was griping about the seat belt chime going off when I was at the track. I was using the 5-pt harness, instead of the stock belts, and that friggin beep beep beep was driving me nuts. It always seemed to go off just as I was staging the car, too.

flounderlipps

forum member
Reaction score
Let us know how you like the seats
I'm thinking of replacing mine with the A4s or the TRS
Thanks

rog06gt

Mash it!!!
Reaction score
Passenger side "passenger classification" (air bag controller) pic 1
Driver's power seat (pic 2 and 3)

Thanks for that Cekim! I see CAN bus in there not good...crap...well will look in more details over the weekend...

Thanks Don! So no more beep...does the seat belt light still flashes after that procedure?

Let us know how you like the seats
I'm thinking of replacing mine with the A4s or the TRS
Thanks

I will, make sure you find a distributor that has the seats in stock and sit in them for a while...A4 was way to tight for me...TRS had pressure points in the shoulder blade area, the GTSII is very very nice...perfect fit for me...and enough support for my autocross sessions...
Cheers

Impact 5.0

Don't hate..Appreciate
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yes please tell us the trick to keep the passanger seat airbag on with racing seast! Thats the only reason I have not got any.. the girl wont ride in the car with out a passanger air bag.

rog06gt

Mash it!!!
Reaction score
Ok, the driver seat is in...no seat belt light or chime and no air bag light!
Disconnected the battery, removed the seat and removed the complete harness from the OEM seat and plugged it in the floor connector, including the dummy plug (must be for the side airbag harness, not equipped on this car).
Reconnect the battery, started the car sure enough I had an air bag light...following a tip from somebody else I removed the seat position sensor and plugged it in, reconnect battery, start the car, buckle seat belt, everything is good...took the car for a spin, no light.
The seat position sensor (magnet sensor above inboard seat track (console side) must be used to fire the air bag squib at a different interval depending on how close the driver is seating to the steering wheel...
There is 2 unknown at this point, does the electrical pretensionner still works and at what interval would the squib fire...
I know that the seat belt will still lock (inertial reel) and the air bag will deploy (no fault light)...so I'm not worried...
The passenger seat will be a whole different ball game however the (OCS) occupant classification sensor will have to be tricked to default adult seating...well later on...
Cheers

Attachments

• P9220184.JPG
    P9220184.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 146
  • P9220185.JPG
    P9220185.JPG
    130.1 KB · Views: 151
  • P9220186.JPG
    P9220186.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 162

rog06gt

Mash it!!!
Reaction score
Well, after taking the passenger seat apart, including the seat pan weight sensor I gave up...I couldn't get rid of an air bag light (tried some wiring cheating) and I would not risk somebody health...The seat manufacturers will have to come out of the old age days and start supplying dummy plugs allowing the full safety features that modern cars possess...
So, I elected to only install a Forza 2 seat in the driver's position for autox & track days...I lost headroom (helmet) with the GTSII...
Cheers from a former Montrealer...

Bubbamax

forum member
Reaction score
harghhhhhhhhhhh That suck I was counting on you I don't want to do only the driver seat. I think it looks dum with only the driver seat changed...
But Thanks for the effort Man....

thump_rrr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I read somewhere last year that the occupant classification sensor can be removed and re-installed in another seat. The only caveat is that it must be recalibrated by the dealership.
I believe that it was in a heated seat thread.

Bubbamax

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks Peter maybe I'll tear apart my passenger seat this winter and see if I can transfer it to another one.

rog06gt

Mash it!!!
Reaction score
Thanks Peter maybe I'll tear apart my passenger seat this winter and see if I can transfer it to another one.
That is the reason why I took it out of my seat, after 6 beers or so I still didn't have the gut to dismantle a brand new seat in order to try to make it fit...after 12 beers my original seat was re-installed...
The driver seat is easy (once the harness is unclipped), So now it will take me 15-20 mins tops to install the Forza II and go play...
***The fact that I did a 4000 miles trip in 8 days (7 states) in the original seat, made me realized that after all, my original seats were not bad at all...not at all...
Good luck I mean it...
:beer:

Back