Air Bag Seats?

rocknrod

Reaction score
I didnt see any air bag seat label on my seats but the plugs underneath say different, no? But I don't see it on the window sticker either.Window Sticker.jpg
Under Driver Seat.jpg

Last edited:

JC SSP

Reaction score
That looks like the same sensor all my Fords have and none have seat air bags. I believe that is for the steering wheel air bag which is connected to the drive seat. Some one on here has to have a wiring diagram and can confirm.

JC SSP

Reaction score
I know for a fact if you cut them off the air bag light shows up on the dash.

When I put Recaro seats I had to remove those. Light came on. There are resistors and plugs to remove the light from coming on.

rocknrod

Reaction score
I know for a fact if you cut them off the air bag light shows up on the dash.

When I put Recaro seats I had to remove those. Light came on. There are resistors and plugs to remove the light from coming on.
Well i wont be removing them, just replacing the seat foam and cover. Thanks for the info.

007Stallion

Reaction score
The old terminating resistor... what is it and what does it do? I have em under both seats.
If an airbag was present, it would have a certain resistance to it which would keep the airbag system happy. Since there is no airbag there would be an open line condition; a terminating resistor is installed to mimic the resistance as if an airbag was present.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back