Prostreet S197

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
So this shop I hang out at every now and again -- ain't mentioning any names as I don't want to get accused of being a shill -- has been working on this project for a while. It's a Prostreet S197. They've only done a bit here and there as time and work schedule has allowed it, but it's starting to pick up, so I thought I'd share some pics.

I honestly don't know much about the technical details, so I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. So far they got the rear end, rear floor, tubs, and rear suspension done.

Fastlane018.jpg

Fastlane019.jpg

IMG_4429.jpg

102_4461.jpg

102_4458.jpg

102_4457.jpg

102_4456.jpg

102_4463.jpg

102_4464.jpg

102_4465.jpg

102_4469.jpg

102_4471.jpg

102_4472.jpg

Those of you who were at Mustang Week last year might recognize the 4V, as it was on display there at the show and cruise-in.

102_4444.jpg

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
YOU SHILL! just kidding, that thing looks effin badass

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
I believe he wants to paint it an aftermarket color -- but I don't want to ruin the surprise. Apart from that I heard talks about a cowl hood to hide at least some of the blower.

And no, I ain't out of Texas. Car is from here, North Carolina.

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
I believe he wants to paint it an aftermarket color -- but I don't want to ruin the surprise. Apart from that I heard talks about a cowl hood to hide at least some of the blower.

And no, I ain't out of Texas. Car is from here, North Carolina.

Eagle stroker is right.. haha. But nonetheless, I don't know where McCrary is from but I just saw this video and figured it was him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffHf5Wz_h0g

[I know how the fuck to embed videos, It's just not working for me right now, I'm starting a thread on that in a bit]

:beer: and eagle, you're gettin rep bro nameth. :thumb2: lol.

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I was never into the pro street thing..... Full tubbed cars running high 12's for years with power adders... no thanks. Cool to look at and only good for car shows IMO

5.0Shocker

Resident Bomb Tech
Reaction score
So this shop I hang out at every now and again -- ain't mentioning any names as I don't want to get accused of being a shill -- has been working on this project for a while. It's a Prostreet S197. They've only done a bit here and there as time and work schedule has allowed it, but it's starting to pick up, so I thought I'd share some pics.

I honestly don't know much about the technical details, so I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. So far they got the rear end, rear floor, tubs, and rear suspension done.

IMG_4429.jpg

Those of you who were at Mustang Week last year might recognize the 4V, as it was on display there at the show and cruise-in.

102_4444.jpg
Uhhh huhuuhuhuuu. I like need to change my pants now. What I wouldnt do to have this in my car.. LOL
beavis-butthead.jpg

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
It's the shop owner's pet project, and he is oldschool. I think it's fairly certain that 12 second quarters would be considered somewhat catastrophic for this build. It ought to be able to do it considerably faster.

Then again, this is a street car.

Natural1

all around duguder
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Those guys have built some really bad ass cars. A certain black SN95 Saleen comes to mind.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
WOW Those are some huge tires! What size rim diameter are those?

and considering the logo on the t-shirt and the valve covers, hard not to see who's shop it is... :poke::poke:

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
WOW Those are some huge tires! What size rim diameter are those?

and considering the logo on the t-shirt and the valve covers, hard not to see who's shop it is... :poke::poke:

33x22.00R20. Had to take a cell phone picture of the side walls just so I'd be able to remember it.

I still only wanted to post the pictures since it's a project that's pretty extreme in my book, and with the crowd here I thought it'd be interesting. Yes, I did consider covering the logos in gimp/photoshop but I didn't have anythig installed on my laptop, plus they always get mixed up with that other shop of the same name out in Texas. Yes, it's "my local shop" that I go to when my car is having problems, but that's pretty much it. I'm not on the payroll, and I didn't get a Christmas Present from them -- but I did help beat up a Neon once.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
/\ its cool man, I was just poking fun. Looks like a very cool build. Please keep up updated when its progresses.

Kipp07GT

Slug Box
Reaction score
So thats what Caleb has had under his sleeves for a while. I had seen the pics of the tires but didnt know what they were going under. Car looks good but the motor is kinda over kill, though its going for the pro-street look I guess thats what makes it.

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
/\ its cool man, I was just poking fun. Looks like a very cool build. Please keep up updated when its progresses.

I understand. I've had to deal with shills before, so I know what kind of nuisance they can be.

I'll be sure to update the thread as needed. It may take a while, but I think they want to bring it to Mustang Week this year.

So thats what Caleb has had under his sleeves for a while. I had seen the pics of the tires but didnt know what they were going under. Car looks good but the motor is kinda over kill, though its going for the pro-street look I guess thats what makes it.

Actually, this ain't Caleb's, it's Melvin's.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back