Airbag Light

Boosted05GT

Papa Smurf
Reaction score
Just installed after market racing seats and the factory plugs under the seat are no longer connected. There is no airbag or seat belt chime but the light gets annoying. Anyone fixed this issue yet?

Boosted05GT

Papa Smurf
Reaction score
its really hard to concentrate on your question with that pic in your sig.... lol

Would it help if I told you that she is really a man?

She really isn't but I am hurting for a answer to this air bag light. Don't mind it during the day but at night its this little annoying yellow light drawing my eye down.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Did you have side air bags on your factory seats? If so, did you disconnect and terminate the side air bag sensors?

God

Banned
Reaction score
The driver's side seat has a position sensor on the seat track. This sensor is used to determine the position of the seat with respects to the air bag in the steering wheel and controls how much force the driver's bag will deploy. You should remove this from the factory seat and try to install it if possible.

The passenger's seat has an Occupancy Class Sensor which turn the passenger's side bag off when a child is in the seat. You should try to remove that from the factory seat and install it as well.

schuhanks5.0

あなたのライサー!
Reaction score
occupant detection and maybe a pretensioner code. is the female side of the belt buckle still pluged in?

Boosted05GT

Papa Smurf
Reaction score
There was a black box under the seat which i believe is what you guys are talking about. I will try to yank the box with all the other wires off and mount it under the new seat. The female side of the belt buckle is attached to all the wires thats mounted under the factory seat.

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
There was a black box under the seat which i believe is what you guys are talking about. I will try to yank the box with all the other wires off and mount it under the new seat. The female side of the belt buckle is attached to all the wires thats mounted under the factory seat.

For the passenger side, it should be a thin membrane INSIDE the seat where your rear goes. That's kind of like a weight sensor membrane, it's pretty fragile so be careful. But the idea is that you take that membrane and shove it back into your new seats.

Or I may be mistaken and there is no membrane in the Mustang. There has been in every other car I've owned/worked on.

partsbill

forum member
Reaction score
for vehicles not equipped with seat bags, there is a resistor ford
part# XF2Z-14B022-AA that works just like a shorting bar that you would plug into the connector that's there that I believe will fix your problem.

Last edited:

HOLYWD

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
for vehicles not equipped with seat bags, there is a resistor ford
part# XF2Z-14B022-AA that works just like a shorting bar that you would plug into the connector that's there that I believe will fix your problem.

Sweet !!!!

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
If you plug these in the light will go out:
http://www.etoolcart.com/airbagsimulator418-133.aspx
418-133.gif

God

Banned
Reaction score
If you plug these in the light will go out:
http://www.etoolcart.com/airbagsimulator418-133.aspx
418-133.gif

Before you drop a C-Note on these, you should know these are test connectors for the side air bags. You previously stated you did not have side air bags in your factory seats.

There are actually three different types of test connectors:

418-133 - Side Air Bag Test Connector - 2 Required
418-F395 - Driver's Front Air Bag and Seat Belt Pretensioner Test Connector - 3 Required
418-F403 - Passenger's Front Air Bag Test Connector - 1 Required

As I previously stated, your light is on because you disconnected the driver's seat track position sensor and the passenger's seat occupancy clasification sensor. I'm not aware of any test connectors to bypass these sensors.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
As I previously stated, your light is on because you disconnected the driver's seat track position sensor and the passenger's seat occupancy clasification sensor. I'm not aware of any test connectors to bypass these sensors.
I disconnected those also (put Recaro’s in) and the yellow plugs eliminated all lights and chimes. I had side airbags though. Don’t know if that matters.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back