So much for that motor.....

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Mike told me they had to try different things to get the blow through setup to work so I assume they would load up the tune and try again, there is no way around that.
I doubt reloading the tune hurt anything, if that was the case you would have to dyno, drive for 100 miles, dyno, drive for 100 miles etc... on each change you make.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Mike told me they had to try different things to get the blow through setup to work so I assume they would load up the tune and try again, there is no way around that.
I doubt reloading the tune hurt anything, if that was the case you would have to dyno, drive for 100 miles, dyno, drive for 100 miles etc... on each change you make.

regardless the gt500 voltage tables werent used and they should have been.

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score
Im not Bruce, haha. i found that stuff lol
JDM hasnt said anything about helping yet. If the past experiences of others are any indication, they wont. Im hoping they do though!

Ahah sorry bout that. Nice job to you! I thought I read a couple pages back that Jim said they were going to help out. I know Mike feels they won't after everything he's been through with them, but JDM has got to look at the bigger picture and see this as an opportunity instead of a setback. FWIW I have hammered on my 302E for almost 5000 miles now including 100 degree heat. I know that provides no help to Mike, but I think even he knows it was the tune all along.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Im not Bruce, haha. i found that stuff lol
JDM hasnt said anything about helping yet. If the past experiences of others are any indication, they wont. Im hoping they do though!

I can recall JDM stating they don't tune for gt500 pumps. Instead they let the ecu adjust for them via the keep alive memory. Did you reload a tune or disconnect the battery just prior to the motor going?

I think your mistaken there Bruce.

Lets not go off on a tangent here.

Really?

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

you provided that, i provided the proof that you NEED to tune for it by quoting many tuners and even including the voltage table differences

Regardless

we are here for mike, and not to squabble,

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
The situation sucks for the OP. JDM has been active on other sites trying to sell stuff, I'm sure they have seen this thread.

I find it amazing that JimIII has stated for years there is no need to tune for GT500 pumps when there is. He has been almost "in your face" about how it's just not needed. It's really basic stuff and sct even provides a value file that only takes a few mouseclicks to load.

At any rate I really hope the op (Mike?) doesn't get screwed over. JDM needs to make this as right as can be. They also need to recall some tunes so this doesn't happen to anyone else.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The situation sucks for the OP. JDM has been active on other sites trying to sell stuff, I'm sure they have seen this thread.

I find it amazing that JimIII has stated for years there is no need to tune for GT500 pumps when there is. He has been almost "in your face" about how it's just not needed. It's really basic stuff and sct even provides a value file that only takes a few mouseclicks to load.

At any rate I really hope the op (Mike?) doesn't get screwed over. JDM needs to make this as right as can be. They also need to recall some tunes so this doesn't happen to anyone else.

Oh they have, Jr has posted in the thread. Now we need to wait and see whgat they say to the research i did about the voltage tables and them not updating it when clearly it needs to be done.

I agree wholeheartedly

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I don't understand how Jim could be bumping his threads and not replying to the pics posted in this thread. I myself would want to save my company's reputation by doing everything in my power to fix this and make it right for the customer.

firestang70

SW Ohio Ninja
Reaction score
Well OP glad you have documented everything here including the gas info to take that out of the equation. I hope JDM steps up to the plate and takes care of this. Before they decide I hope they realize alot of perspective customers are watching. I keep all of fuel receipts etc, you never know what can happen. Good luck brother.

Mike K

WANNA BE FAST
Reaction score
^ that's what I would do or go with a different vendor on here.

Op sorry to read about your recent headaches.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back