BRENSPEED Trip is {Finalized} so I will be driving North soon ...

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hi,

OK, the trip to BRENSPEED is on.

Will drive up on Dec. 28th, work by George on the 29th, and drive either back Home or KY. to visit Family on the 30th.

This time around I am making the trip/drive to BRENSPEED out of necessity.

They are going to correct something I tried having done Locally.
And I have had it done here many times in the past by same Fellow & Shop.
This time it has just went to Crap !!!

Bottom-Line is this.

I had the Ford Racing 4.10 gears removed to install Ford Racing 3.73 gears.

Every New Set made Noise.
(All 3-Sets)

And after the last set I decided to order a Complete New GT-500 Rear-End-Assembly.

I had it {Drop-Shipped} from Ford to BRENSPEED.

It arrived last week and as you will see from the below picture it comes now already painted
arrow.gif
arrow.gif
arrow.gif
"BLACK".

This is a 2011-2012 GT-500 Assembly.
As we or most of us know the New Shelby GT-500 comes with 3.73 gears.

I was going back in the Spring per Brent's recommendations to drive the Machine and see how it did with the Tune.
Since this has come up Brent is going to Revise the {Street-Tune} while I am there.
No big deal really just going to change some of the Shift-Points.

Nothing else really to say until I get up there next week and George and Brent do their thing.

RearendassemblyGT500.jpg

Regarding the weather for the trip.
It looks like all is going to be okey.
icon_smile.gif

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenda...ceton+IN+46562

tigerhonaker

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
Well as mentioned before, look forward to meeting you Terry! My car is being worked on Tuesday afternoon and all day Wednesday.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Weather changes quick around due to the Lake... But best of luck. The mods continue.

The Mods. are continuing again.
I do hope the weather will not be a repeat of the other winter trips.

Who locally was doing your install if you can't don't want to make public pm the info

A shop that goes by (Fast Lane Automotive).
I do wish to add this.
Dan the fellow I have known for years and has changed these gears many times now knows what he is doing.
So, no "Negative" comments against him.

Well as mentioned before, look forward to meeting you Terry! My car is being worked on Tuesday afternoon and all day Wednesday.

I will be there late afternoon so maybe will will meet in person.
Always a pleasure to meet Internet Members in person.

Thats really pretty neat.

Thanks !!!

BrenspeedExterior.jpg

:poke:j/k Tiger!

Your car is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!:beer:

Hey Bro this is the correct picture.

1029091253-1-1.jpg

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Terry

SherrodMustang

forum member
Reaction score
Let us know how it goes. Hope the weather is good for you while you are there.

Last time I was there. Tell everybody I said hello!

P2200014.jpg

Speaking of weather... This is something to see for down south boy like me..

2011-02-219514-46-5595646.jpg

2011-02-21_14-56-12_623.jpg

Last edited:

SherrodMustang

forum member
Reaction score
I wish I was going to Brenspeed! They have a 50% off sale and I need someone to install my Saleen, however I'm not willing to drive almost 13 hours.

I drove about 10 hours to get the Saleen installed the first time. The second time I was there for a B302 motor. Makes it worth it by having somewhere to stay for free while they work on your car. Last time I took my wife and we made a week of it. Went to Chicago one day and did a lot of sight seeing. Had a very good time.

cwhit23

forum member
Reaction score
I think that would be a fun trip to make. It's also pretty awesome that they furnish a guest house if you come up. .That is top notch in my book.. I'm looking into getting a supercharger by spring and may talk to these guys. I think I can do the install myself, but it may be worth it to have them do it, tune it, and just the over all experience..

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
I wish I was going to Brenspeed! They have a 50% off sale and I need someone to install my Saleen, however I'm not willing to drive almost 13 hours.

DO IT!!!!!! I'm driving 10 hours for my installs... even with gas I am saving money with the half price labor. Hell, I am so friggin' excited I already have the car loaded up... and I don't leave until Monday night! :clap:

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Let us know how it goes. Hope the weather is good for you while you are there.

Last time I was there. Tell everybody I said hello!

P2200014.jpg

Speaking of weather... This is something to see for down south boy like me..

2011-02-219514-46-5595646.jpg

2011-02-21_14-56-12_623.jpg

I am hoping for good weather for sure this time.

I have been there when it was like this more than a few times in the past.

P190.jpg

P191.jpg

Sometimes it is better to make the drive and get things done right the 1st time.
Many-many people have driven that many hrs. and a lot more.

I drove about 10 hours to get the Saleen installed the first time. The second time I was there for a B302 motor. Makes it worth it by having somewhere to stay for free while they work on your car. Last time I took my wife and we made a week of it. Went to Chicago one day and did a lot of sight seeing. Had a very good time.

The guest house is cool for sure.
All the normal things are there and it is FREE with Appointment.
Worth the drive I think.

I think that would be a fun trip to make. It's also pretty awesome that they furnish a guest house if you come up. .That is top notch in my book.. I'm looking into getting a supercharger by spring and may talk to these guys. I think I can do the install myself, but it may be worth it to have them do it, tune it, and just the over all experience..

I would certainly consider having them do your install.

DO IT!!!!!! I'm driving 10 hours for my installs... even with gas I am saving money with the half price labor. Hell, I am so friggin' excited I already have the car loaded up... and I don't leave until Monday night! :clap:

See you next Wednesday.
fing02.gif

Terry

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Heck, I might just have to take a 4 1/2 hour cruise to the south, and hang out at the Brenspeed shop for a while next week! :partysmilie:
I'll be there Pal.
Luv to have the company.
And the Guest House has as you know two complete bedrooms and bath rooms.
Company is welcome.

I'll be looking for you
beer.gif

It will be just like Ole times my man.

Al & Terry hanging out at the Brenspeed Guest House.

guesthousestreetcloseuppic1.jpg

AlandTerryinGuestHouse-1-1.jpg

Terry

Last edited:

Redfire_WNL

THE BEAST UNLEASHED!
Reaction score
Man I got nothing but family up in FT Wayne, IN and I have never been to Brenspeed.

Irishman

Ricer
Reaction score
I wish I could make it down there but I will be hitting the warmer weather in Florida this year. Would like to meet you in person one of these days. Good luck with the drive and tell the crew I said hi.

BigRis

forum member
Reaction score
I wish I could get the cash around by the end of the month to take advantage of the labor deal. Hell it is almost worth trailering the car down and just getting the rear end set up and the parts I have installed ( UDP an delete plugs) . Than trailer the car home and rolling it back into the garage until I can affored a CAI an tuner .
The wife wouldnt be real happy if I returned the the 3 I pod touches and the DS we bought the kids for X-mas and bought a CAI and tuner LOL.

Back