Corbeau CR1's are installed

devildog1679

forum member
Reaction score
I recently put the same seats in my 06. I haven't got a chance to drive it yet but they feel good. I am a big guy so I bought a wide version for the drivers side.
7c83345f.jpg

You won't be disappointed.

back n a stang

Sick wid it!!
Reaction score
Madison WI
Do not know if you got this straight,but I am 1 mile or 2 from ya..lol... In N.C. so not much to good to ya.Wish I could help.I am a mobile automotive tool man and would.These scan tools are pricey.Simple don't do much starts at 80.00.the really nice type that are the heat climb to 7000.00-8000.00.I am fortunate enough to have one to use but all the while it is one off the truck thats for sale.Anyway,get with somebody locally who has the ability to help ya.Good luck....and oh BTW looks great man!

devildog1679

forum member
Reaction score
Do not know if you got this straight,but I am 1 mile or 2 from ya..lol... In N.C. so not much to good to ya.Wish I could help.I am a mobile automotive tool man and would.These scan tools are pricey.Simple don't do much starts at 80.00.the really nice type that are the heat climb to 7000.00-8000.00.I am fortunate enough to have one to use but all the while it is one off the truck thats for sale.Anyway,get with somebody locally who has the ability to help ya.Good luck....and oh BTW looks great man!

Thanks, heading over to dealer.

tpsmak

forum member
Reaction score
Glad you like the seats and thanks for the order. It's crazy that Ford doesn't put better seats in their cars.. you look at Subaru and they have GREAT seats from the factory :)

devildog1679

forum member
Reaction score
Glad you like the seats and thanks for the order. It's crazy that Ford doesn't put better seats in their cars.. you look at Subaru and they have GREAT seats from the factory :)

I love them, now I really feel connected to the car. Maybe they added crappy seats so people would add the Recaros.

devildog1679

forum member
Reaction score
UPDATE

So I went to a shop today to get the codes read. I’m getting two B0020 & B0028. Both of these are for the side air bag resistance. So basically the terminator plugs I put in have the wrong resistance. The manual states that the range should be 1.7 to 2.78 ohms. So now it’s just a matter of going to Radio Shack getting some resisters and swapping them into the terminator plug. Other than that everything else read fine which means both front air bags are working as designed. I’m pretty stocked that the swap of the passenger bladder and OCS module into the new seats worked. With no one in the seat the “Passenger Air bag off” light illuminates meaning it’s disabled. Once someone gets in it turns off meaning it’s enabled. The only caveat here is that the “Passenger Air bag off” should only be lit when someone small is sitting in the seat, if it’s empty the system is disabled but the light is not on. The system works fine but if I want the light to turn off while the seat is empty I need to reset the OCSM. The shop is looking into to see if that’s something there unit can do. What happened is that when I swaped the bladder it’s under more pressure now in the new seat than before, so with the seat empty it thinks someone small is sitting there thus disabling the bag and turning the light on. Not a big deal since it’s easily fixed with a reset.

So far I am very happy with the seats and the ease of install. If I could do it, anybody can. :rock:

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Good info. My seat bladder is sitting under the seat right now. My car is in transit from Germany to Texas, so once I get it I'll try this. I could have the same problem with the resistors, but I know the ones I bought were advertised to work. Guess we'll see.

If you could, post up info about the new resistors you get. TIA...

devildog1679

forum member
Reaction score
Good info. My seat bladder is sitting under the seat right now. My car is in transit from Germany to Texas, so once I get it I'll try this. I could have the same problem with the resistors, but I know the ones I bought were advertised to work. Guess we'll see.

If you could, post up info about the new resistors you get. TIA...

Will do, basically it's just removing the existing resistors from the plug you have and putting in ones that will have a ohm range of 1.7 to 2.7. I'll take some pics tonight, I bought the simulator plugs from Ford directly but since the new Mustangs all come with side air bags there wasn't a specific one for our model. I got the one that works on Explorers and older Mustangs.

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
Will do, basically it's just removing the existing resistors from the plug you have and putting in ones that will have a ohm range of 1.7 to 2.7. I'll take some pics tonight, I bought the simulator plugs from Ford directly but since the new Mustangs all come with side air bags there wasn't a specific one for our model. I got the one that works on Explorers and older Mustangs.

Nice info. I been waiting for more details about the situation of the AIR BAG light before i go and replace the seats...

I am planing on these ones Corbeau Baja XRS

http://www.corbeau.com/products/reclining_seats/baja_xrs/#

Nice .... I am subs waiting on those pics man...

devildog1679

forum member
Reaction score
Nice info. I been waiting for more details about the situation of the AIR BAG light before i go and replace the seats...

I am planing on these ones Corbeau Baja XRS

http://www.corbeau.com/products/reclining_seats/baja_xrs/#

Nice .... I am subs waiting on those pics man...

Building my 2 ohm resister by putting five 10 ohm resisters in parallel. Radio shack doesn't have 2 ohm resisters :( I'll also buy some 2 ohm ones from vertco in case the parallel ones don't work. You Lear allot with new mods :)

devildog1679

forum member
Reaction score
So I finally completed the new resistor plug and I am happy to say it worked. I took Ford part# XF2Z-14B022-AA and cut off the back to expose the resistor which measure 6.8 ohms, which is to high for the 2011-2012 mustang which requries 1.7 to 2.7 ohms. I cut off the resistor leaving the wire part of the resistor in the plug so I can use that as a connection point for the new resistor. Radio Shack didn't have 2 ohm resistors so I used two 1 ohm resistors in series to creat the 2 ohms needed. I soldered the two together and checked to make sure they measured 2ohms, which they did. I then connected them to the plug and soldered them. I finally wraped the exposed resistors with some electricle tape. Disconeted the battery, pluged them in and reconected the battery and there you have it no light :)
Resistor1.jpg

Resistor2.jpg

Resistor3.jpg

Resistor4.jpg

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
So I finally completed the new resistor plug and I am happy to say it worked. I took Ford part# XF2Z-14B022-AA and cut off the back to expose the resistor which measure 6.8 ohms, which is to high for the 2011-2012 mustang which requries 1.7 to 2.7 ohms. I cut off the resistor leaving the wire part of the resistor in the plug so I can use that as a connection point for the new resistor. Radio Shack didn't have 2 ohm resistors so I used two 1 ohm resistors in series to creat the 2 ohms needed. I soldered the two together and checked to make sure they measured 2ohms, which they did. I then connected them to the plug and soldered them. I finally wraped the exposed resistors with some electricle tape. Disconeted the battery, pluged them in and reconected the battery and there you have it no light :)
View attachment 30999

View attachment 31000

View attachment 31001

View attachment 31002

nice work and great info. now i feel better in getting new seats. Now all i need is the seat and brakets, those connectors and solder the resistors, then swap the bags under the car seats?

devildog1679

forum member
Reaction score
nice work and great info. now i feel better in getting new seats. Now all i need is the seat and brakets, those connectors and solder the resistors, then swap the bags under the car seats?

Yep, the hardest part is taking the passenger bladder out and putting in new seats. Not hard just takes time.

L8R_SON

Whippled
Reaction score
My corbeau seats are on their way to me. One question, If I'm just going to use the seats for carshow and meets and I will be returning the stock seats when I get home, I would be fine right? I mean after I install the stockers again, all codes will be gone?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back