05-10 Mustang Fuel System Wire upgrade kit

Mustangfan

forum member
Reaction score
I am looking for the wire upgrade, for a 2010, going to wire it up with my boost a pump. Having a hard time finding approprioate wire in the Harness for a 2010, some say pink, some say violet. How do I order the wire upgrade?

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I am looking for the wire upgrade, for a 2010, going to wire it up with my boost a pump. Having a hard time finding approprioate wire in the Harness for a 2010, some say pink, some say violet. How do I order the wire upgrade?

PM sent.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the feedback and esp the datalogging you did; he did before/after data logging of the fuel pump duty cycle and our wiring kit reduced the cycle by 20%!:thumb2:

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I bought this kit back in January and finally got it in a couple weeks ago. Everything was quite straightforward and laid out nicely. One thing that initially concerned me was how the fat wire was still choked down to the little tiny wire going into the regulator, but it wasn't a concern once I tested it out afterward.

In the first mile or two after the install (still running the stock fuel pump) my fuel pressure jumped up from 39-40 lbs to 49-50 lbs with some jumps up over 55 lbs. After a couple miles the computer compensated and fuel pressure went right back down to 39 lbs again. Just this one simple upgrade gave me an immediate 20% increase in fuel pressure at the same amperage. I haven't datalogged to see the exact drop in the fuel pump duty cycles but it's substantial.

This kit is perfect for guys like me who are electrically challenged but need to upgrade. Electrical guys will just grab some wire and some other electrical stuff and do it by feel but I needed the instructions. This kit was perfect for me.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I bought this kit back in January and finally got it in a couple weeks ago. Everything was quite straightforward and laid out nicely. One thing that initially concerned me was how the fat wire was still choked down to the little tiny wire going into the regulator, but it wasn't a concern once I tested it out afterward.

In the first mile or two after the install (still running the stock fuel pump) my fuel pressure jumped up from 39-40 lbs to 49-50 lbs with some jumps up over 55 lbs. After a couple miles the computer compensated and fuel pressure went right back down to 39 lbs again. Just this one simple upgrade gave me an immediate 20% increase in fuel pressure at the same amperage. I haven't datalogged to see the exact drop in the fuel pump duty cycles but it's substantial.

This kit is perfect for guys like me who are electrically challenged but need to upgrade. Electrical guys will just grab some wire and some other electrical stuff and do it by feel but I needed the instructions. This kit was perfect for me.

Thanks for the feedback and glad you are happy with the results!

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Since Jeremy is deployed and created the ad for this allow me to clarify the information on the relay; it is not a Bosch relay as advertised, it is a relay purchased from an online electronic parts store.

sportinawoody

!@#$%^&*(
Reaction score
have any idea how long he's going to be deployed ? pm me a price on a set of ID1000's without the hats. motor build is under way so its about time to turn this bitch up

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
He will not be back until Jan 2014; what did you need from him?

Back