06 4.6 3v Mutha thumper w/limiters

premo9699

Reaction score
I just bought Mutha thumper cams With comp fees limiters on eBay. I also ordered all of the tools to install the limiters, I do have a Bama tune for my Sct4 scanner on the way... hope it works. I am hearing a lot of different things about these games. The car does have 4.10 gears and is mostly used at the track. Anybody else running a set up like this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gray06gt

Reaction score
Hell yea tricky part is installing the limiters. And honestly you didn’t need a tool you could have just used a piece of hose. Those thumpers are gonna wake up your 3v

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
The timing wedge is wroth it, I have seen the hose method fail. I found the wedge on eBay for $23.00 shipped with a lock down tool (not needed) included.
I have the those cams with 4.30 gears and a FTI 3800 stall 9.5 inch billet converter (4r70w transmission swap) and I love them. Eve with my stock converter it was acceptable. I tuned the car myself with HP Tuners and it was great, great power and no flat spots.
Now that I'm going to be spraying the car I'm having Lito tune using an SCT X4. So far so good, he isn't finished revising my tunes but even with his 2nd revision the car is responsive.
The limiters weren't too bad, just be patient and use a vice to hold them while you work.

sman247

forum member
Reaction score
I like doing a dyno tune with cams and beyond just to be safe. I had a Bama tune when I had my hot rods in and turned out it was off and running lean. Hear nothing but good things about Lito

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back