08 GT Slight Rattle Under Cam Cover

AnotherS197

forum member
Reaction score
There is no PCV valve on a 2008 and there should be no hose going to the manifold. There is a hose going to the air intake before the throttle body but there is no vacuum on that line. The only hoses with vacuum on them go to the fuel pressure sensor and to the power brake booster. They are Tee'd to one line at the rear of the intake manifold back at the firewall.

I'm positive we have one on the driver's side. Not in the traditional form, however, and I'm not entirely certain how they're constructed compared to the traditional ones. I know there's baffles under the cover but I'm wondering if there's a regular check valve in there.

The hose certainly goes from the driver's side valve cover to the intake manifold, and the hose is what nearly all of the catch cans marketed for the 3 valve replace. Replacement hose seen here, while the factory hose has green clips:
https://lmr.com/item/KCV166/motorcraft-pcv-hose-46l-3v-mustang-05-10

Last edited:

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Are you plugging the hose with the finger you got stitches in?

AnotherS197

forum member
Reaction score
Are you plugging the hose with the finger you got stitches in?

Clearly not, that would create a vacuum leak through the holes in my finger...lol

Decided I'll try to clean it out with some carb cleaner or something before I spend any money on new covers.

I also realized the procharger kit I bought has you cap off this port so the noise won't be there anyway, but 1) capping off ventilation doesn't totally sit right with me, and 2) I'd rather it be functioning properly before I make any changes anyways.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
A few blower kits out there have you cap off the PCV - I guess they know you'll nuke the engine before you fill it with sludge. Smart!

Back