08 stang gt pedals squeaking when giving gas

teeje

Reaction score
Im having an issue when im taking off slowly. Its not the clutch or TOB or flywheel or pressure plate. Noise was present before I installed a stage 2 exedy flywheel and stage 2 clutch. When Im at a stand still (and this noise comes and goes) and I push the clutch in and start giving gas I can hear a squeaking sound kind of like a squeak/scraping noise. Wish I could record it but its RIGHT by the pedals. Sometimes it will do it at idle sometimes it wont. Sometimes it happens on cold start and other times it wont. I run 93 octane on a 91 tune i have ford performance hotrod cams, jlt series 3 cai O/R x pipe ford performance intake manifold. This all started after I installed a strut tower brace and I have already cut the hood for clearance it went away foir a few days and returned today. BUt this time it came and went and I couldnt do it again. I have no idea what the noise is coming from...I also want to add its not the pedals either. I took the entire pedal assembly out when i replaced the clutch master cylinder when i did the clutch and use white lithium on everything and tis still there. I also have a steel braided clutch line. This noise is driving me nuts. It doesnt sound like its coming from the engine or trans. Most of the time it does it when I start moving from a stand still. Its driving me absolutely freakin nuts

Last edited:

702GT

S197 Fanatic
Reaction score
The volume knob on the stereo cures most audio annoyances when turned clockwise far enough.:head3:

Otherwise, I'm with the throwout bearing.

teeje

Reaction score
I just put in a brand new stage 2 seedy clutch exedy lightweight flywheel, Ford performance roller pilot bearing and throw out bearing. Noise was there before I put all that in and it was still here. So far I haven't heard it. I think it was just the strut bar rubbing against the hood. I dont know. Haven't heard it since.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back