09-10 cmcv removal

TheCrowdPlow

Reaction score
Within a week I'm gonna be getting my 2010 GT properly tuned at a reputable local dyno shop. I'm thinking now is the time to remove the cmcv plates that are built into the 2009 and 2010 intakes. I also know that Steeda has discontinued the plug kit they made for these intakes. My plan is just to tap and thread in a bolt into the back holes on each side of the intake that separators the outside and inside air.

My question is do I need to plug up each hole that is in between each intake runner that the cmcv rod ran through? Or can I leave the holes open. Only reason I can think of for plugging the holes in between each runner is maybe when the holes are open they will cause turbulence in the runners? If I need to plug the holes in between the runners too, can I just use epoxy?

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
Yes, it's preferable to plug up all the holes between each runner. I used quick steel epoxy on my home made CMCV delete plates and it worked great. If the material around the holes is aluminum, the epoxy will stick to it just fine and turn solid enough to need a chisel to get it out again. Just give it 24 hours to properly cure and then sand the excess down to a smooth finish.

The original assembly:
CMCV.JPG

The pieces I removed:
CMC Valves.JPG

The finished product:
CMDP.JPG

I've also uploaded a file with instructions on how to perform the conversion.
Note that you'll need a CMCV delete tune to get the best performance from this mod.

Attachments

• CMDP Guide.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 5

TheCrowdPlow

Reaction score
Yes, it's preferable to plug up all the holes between each runner. I used quick steel epoxy on my home made CMCV delete plates and it worked great. If the material around the holes is aluminum, the epoxy will stick to it just fine and turn solid enough to need a chisel to get it out again. Just give it 24 hours to properly cure and then sand the excess down to a smooth finish.

The original assembly:
View attachment 79509

The pieces I removed:
View attachment 79510

The finished product:
View attachment 79511

I've also uploaded a file with instructions on how to perform the conversion.
Note that you'll need a CMCV delete tune to get the best performance from this mod.
Thanks for the quick reply, since my cmcv plates are made as 1 piece in the plastic intake, do I just use regular epoxy then or what?

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
Use quick steel epoxy if the material around the holes is aluminum, or regular epoxy if it's plastic composite.

Badd GT

forum member
Reaction score
I have a 09-10 manifold with the steeda delete plugs already installed on the shelf in the garage that I would sell you if you are interested

TheCrowdPlow

Reaction score
I have a 09-10 manifold with the steeda delete plugs already installed on the shelf in the garage that I would sell you if you are interested
I'd rather just do it myself, save some money, also I'm in Canada so not worth shipping it across the border assuming you're from the states.

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have the steeda plugs in mine and I also epoxied them in place so that there were no air leaks between cylinders.
My car has been like that for 11 years and has seen up to 18 lbs of boost. The epoxy is still somewhat translucent but noticeably darker than when it was new. I'll be reusing it when the motor is back together.
The steeda plugs are nothing special so you could probably use pieces of ready rod or a stud of some sort to fill the gaps and then use epoxy to seal them in and you'd pretty much end up with the same thing.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back