IMRC and MAF wiring

ESP41

Reaction score
So my 210 Mustang race only NA car is getting a Haltech. I'm tired of the bastard 2010 wire harness. Its basically a 2009 engine with a 2011 wire harness, give or take a few cams, etc .

Anyway, I am trying to figure out how to wire up the IMRC and MAF. I need to know what each wire needs and does. Ive been perusing the online manuals and.....

MAF

My car (which I now call "Bastard"): Has 6 wires. Violet/Grey, Black,Blue, Blue, Yellow/Violet, Green/White, and a (2nd) Violet/Grey wire.

2011 Service Manual: Blue(SIGRTN), VT/GY(IAT), YE/VT(MAF), Gy/YE(12v from BJBox). Thats it, 4 wires. Only 2 match Bastards harness and one of them I have multiples of.

2005 Service manual: LB/RD(MAF SN), TN/LB(MAF RTN), GY(IAT SN), GY/RD(Elec Eng Cntl- looks like the other half of the IAT circuit), Bk/WH(Grnd), RD/YE(another Elec. Eng. Control). At least this one has 6 wires, but no color matches with Bastard. (2005 service Manual>Wiring>Engine Control> 4.6> page 2) I am not sure of the symbol in the maf diagram, but maybe the Rd/YE and BK/WH are modifying the MAF circuit.

Does anyone have any bright Idea on how I can use a multimeter or Power probe to hash out the wire purposes?

Next up, Intake Manifold runner Control

IMRC: Bastard: Violet/Gray, Green/Yellow, Black/Blue

2005 Service Manual: DB/YE(IMRCM), RD/YE(Electronic Eng. Control), BK/WH(Grnd)

Any Ideas on figuring which wires do what.? I assume something has to provide power, but ????

Lots to chew on above. My eyes glazed over just typing it, but I could use some pointers.

Thanks

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back