09 Factory Hood Scoop

mulestang

All Show, No Go
Reaction score
I have an 09 GT that was not equipped with the GT appearance package, and therefore, did not come with the hood scoop. I would like to add an OEM scoop to the car. Ideally, I would like to find a take-off scoop and avoid having to buy a new one at the parts counter, but I've had no luck finding one. All of the OEM take-off websites that I've found don't have scoops. If I have to end up buying one at the dealership and have it painted, will it come with a template that matches the factory attachment areas in the hood (I noticed that on the underside of the hood, there are pre-formed/cut-stamped areas for the factory scoop's bolts)? I understand that there are other 'similar' scoops out there, but I don't want to drill any holes other than in the factory locations, and I'm not confident that the scoops that stick with 3M tape will hold up. Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

MSgt46270

Reaction score
I have an 09 GT that was not equipped with the GT appearance package, and therefore, did not come with the hood scoop. I would like to add an OEM scoop to the car. Ideally, I would like to find a take-off scoop and avoid having to buy a new one at the parts counter, but I've had no luck finding one. All of the OEM take-off websites that I've found don't have scoops. If I have to end up buying one at the dealership and have it painted, will it come with a template that matches the factory attachment areas in the hood (I noticed that on the underside of the hood, there are pre-formed/cut-stamped areas for the factory scoop's bolts)? I understand that there are other 'similar' scoops out there, but I don't want to drill any holes other than in the factory locations, and I'm not confident that the scoops that stick with 3M tape will hold up. Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Take a look here at what I can get. http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37838

Thanks
Ed

mulestang

All Show, No Go
Reaction score
That's why I believe Ford was on to something when they bolted these down. I'm just not so sure that 3M tape alone is a good long-term solution. Hopefully, I'll find that the pre-formed areas underneath my hood match the OEM factory scoop bolt locations.

Jaylee

forum member
Reaction score
I couldn't stand the one my car came with either. I had the dealer swap it out for a v6 hood before I brought the car home.

mulestang

All Show, No Go
Reaction score
I sense that I could be setting myself up for a 'stay scoopless' intervention. I just like the look it gives the car. I'm more show than go, so it fits I guess.

mmiller40

Reaction score
I sense that I could be setting myself up for a 'stay scoopless' intervention. I just like the look it gives the car. I'm more show than go, so it fits I guess.

I like my scoop too but the only draw back is the HS kids at the drive through will always say how cool your scoop is. I tell em it adds 100 HP. Then get my taco and leave..

Side story... Coming back from the races one night I went to Taco bell about 1 Am with my car number on the window, it think it said 192. The African (not racist, dude was from the motherland) asked me it that was the down payment. Apparently he was interested in buying my GT for 190$ something dollars down. He wanted to know what the payments would be. :evillaugh:

4LiterSonic

Banned
Reaction score
I like my scoop too but the only draw back is the HS kids at the drive through will always say how cool your scoop is. I tell em it adds 100 HP. Then get my taco and leave..

Side story... Coming back from the races one night I went to Taco bell about 1 Am with my car number on the window, it think it said 192. The African (not racist, dude was from the motherland) asked me it that was the down payment. Apparently he was interested in buying my GT for 190$ something dollars down. He wanted to know what the payments would be. :evillaugh:
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Side note, what if you make the scoop functional?

killr3v

Hector G.
Reaction score
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Side note, what if you make the scoop functional?
Even if you make it functional, it still doesn't change the fact that it looks like a fake POS. I've hated this scoop from day one. One of the ugliest scoops ever.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back