1/4 mile dyno pull

N20JUNKY

forum member
Reaction score
Ordered up a circle d converter over thanksgiving and if finally got here and we got it installed the other night. Got the car up on the dyno to get the tune done and went ahead and did a few 1/4 mile pulls while it was up there. Before the converter best 1/4 mile pass on the dyno was 11.80 @ 116 and when we went to the track a few weeks ago it went 11.90 @ 116. Anyway here a video:

http://youtu.be/jzd7PwqJMFE

N20JUNKY

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah I wish I did the converter first. Absolutely the best mod I have done!

N20JUNKY

forum member
Reaction score
Boss intake, stainless works 1 7/8ths longtubes catted x-pipe, bassani cat-back, 3.73's, metco upper and lowers, upr sway bar delete, DSS shaft, CJ springs, circle d 5c

N20JUNKY

forum member
Reaction score
I think it made like 380rwhp on a mustang dyno with the converter, somewhere around there. Not too worried with what kind of power it makes as long as it runs a good time

MindIfISmoke?

Wrecking Crew
Reaction score
I think it made like 380rwhp on a mustang dyno with the converter, somewhere around there. Not too worried with what kind of power it makes as long as it runs a good time

I never worry about dyno numbers either. Was just curious. Mines almost identical to yours but i have 4.10s and no stall

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OLD_GOAT

forum member
Reaction score
I had a 3200 converter on both my 2005 Pontiac GTO and my 2009 Pontiac G8 GXP and neither showed a thing on the dyno, but both cars ran about three tenths and four tenths faster at the track. It's probably the best bang for the buck, however both cars got about 2 mpg worse on the street, not that I cared.

One thing for sure, if the autos don't come with a transmission cooler, get one and install it when the converter is being installed.

N20JUNKY

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks I think the car is just a little too raspy so I'm swapping to a set of gt-500 axle backs

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
I had a 3200 converter on both my 2005 Pontiac GTO and my 2009 Pontiac G8 GXP and neither showed a thing on the dyno, but both cars ran about three tenths and four tenths faster at the track. It's probably the best bang for the buck, however both cars got about 2 mpg worse on the street, not that I cared.

One thing for sure, if the autos don't come with a transmission cooler, get one and install it when the converter is being installed.

The 2011+ 6R80 equipped autos have a massive factory trans cooler on them. Just another thing Ford did to help the enthusiast along with things like a fuel system that will handle e85 with minimal changes, a stock airbox that rivals anything aftermarket, tri-y shorties, etc...

This was a car designed, made by, and for folks who share a common interest. ;)

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back