1 piece driveshaft

CaliSpecial

TVS Posse!
Reaction score
As the title suggests I am looking to buy a one piece drive shaft. Popular opinion seems to be Coast, Dynotech or Spydershaft. I'm not too bothered which of these I get as it seems they are all pretty good, however, I do want one that bolts straight on without an adaptor plate. My car is an 07 auto.

Are there any vendors out there that can give me a price to supply the DS including shipping to the UK?

Thanks guys,

Andy.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I suggest you contact the vendors directly for you pricing and shipping

tommygodfrey

JPC Sales & Tech
Reaction score
Spydershaft is $689.00 shipped from us. It doesn't require an adaptor plate. It replaces the pinion flange with a tradional flat flange. I have 1 in stock. Let me know.

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
The dynatech is a straight bolt in and generally runs about $730

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
I've had my Powerhouse for 3-1/2 years. Love it. Great piece! Not sure what the current status is, but Powerhouse was offering a group buy HERE.

nv4gt ws

RedShift
Reaction score
only true bolt in is shaftmasters driveshaft. they are the only company that took the time to come out with a true bolt in.

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Dynotech replaces the pinion flange like the Spydershaft, but I guess they can say it is straight bolt in, with an impact wrench.

My dynotech came with an adaptor plate, not a new pinion flange. Spydershaft is the only one I know of that uses the new flange.

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My dynotech came with an adaptor plate, not a new pinion flange. Spydershaft is the only one I know of that uses the new flange.

Yep, checked Dynotech website and shows that it comes with adaptor plate, good catch!

I saw a post that one guy said his Dynotech came with a pinion flange, but then posted that he was installing a Spydershaft on another post, so thank you for the correction.

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
No problem, I thought for a minute they changed them since I bought mine. I was getting ready to do a little research on it until I seen your post. I don't have a problem with using an adaptor plate, as long as installed with locktite, you will never know it's there.

Mr. Bill

forum member
Reaction score
x2 for the Spydershaft. I had one on my 05 GT and no problems whatsoever with it. Just make sure that you also get a driveshaft loop as well to help with your piece of mind.

autumn_again

Reaction score
axle exchange doesn't use an adapter plate, replace the pinion flange.

i am decently experienced mechanically, but i thought this install was cake. remove old driveshaft, get impact gun with 27mm socket, take off old pinion flange, press on new pinion flange, throw nut back on, install new driveshaft.

i did it myself on jackstands holding driveshaft with one hand and throwin bolts on with other hand, and i'm a tiny guy. hah.

Liberty911

forum member
Reaction score
Last Friday I installed a "Coast" DS from LFP, with BMR adjustable UCA and safety loop. No issues with the drive shaft or install, and some nice performance improvement. The BMR safety loop does has some clearance issues with Kooks X-pipes.

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
Shaftmasters just came out with the first true bolt in option that mates up with the stock pinion flange and does not use any adapter plate.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back